Book stuff

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin
Book stuff

Post by benheck » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:25 am

Hey people it's Ben here. It was preferred that I not talk about the book too much yet, that's why I have been keeping it on the "down-low" lately.

It will cover everything from start to finish for all 8 portables in it. Everything - you don't even have to know how to read a schematic.

Hint: Any portable I build and talk about on the site that goes under the "Prject 42" page is a portable whose construction will be discussed in the book.

So, I guess keep that in mind as you check out the new stuff every few weeks but also kind of keep it under wraps - for now.

Thanks!

-Ben Heck (endorn)

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:42 pm

Nice to see a small update with some info.
I think I know why you made the nesp without a cnc machine at first now if it is to be in the book.
If my memory was better than I could predict what other portables would be added to project 42, but I just can't remember what ones you put in your news update that vanished, but I do think I remember that it was 4 portables, and none of them were next-gen also.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:15 pm

gannon wrote:Nice to see a small update with some info.
I think I know why you made the nesp without a cnc machine at first now if it is to be in the book.
If my memory was better than I could predict what other portables would be added to project 42, but I just can't remember what ones you put in your news update that vanished, but I do think I remember that it was 4 portables, and none of them were next-gen also.
I thought that the NESp was just you finally completing the project you started. Great to hear we'll see some of the stuff thats going into the book.

As for the list: NES, SNES, Atari 2600 and PSOne.

I'm having a hard time waiting to see what kind of case your going to make for the PSOne.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.