Need some help...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Shadeslayer
Need some help...

Post by Shadeslayer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I haven't been on here in ages! Well first off let me say, hello and its good to be back (if anyone even remembers me)... I need to know if it is possible to program an 8gb flash drive to store games on xbox 360. I figured sense it was USB you might be able to program it to use on a 360. I thought about putting it into the 360, PS3, Wii board but it isn't a modding question. So I figured I would just stick it in good ol' 42!
Death from my Desk

Biased

Re: Need some help...

Post by Biased » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 am

It may be possible... Just look at this. If it works, that would mean that the 360 doesn't care about the size of what's in the memory unit slot, just as long as it fits the slot and the voltages are correct (it's 3.7v+ and 3.7v- instead of 5v for both).

You'd need an adapter, or to make one, or to buy one of those, rip it open, and solder your flash drive's goods to it.

Good luck.

UPDATE: Found a youtube vid. I was actually amazed that this thing would work. Imagine a 16GB memory unit!

I'd do this way before I'd use a flash drive. I suppose there's no way to rip 360 games to it, though... or to use the games on demand feature... I definitely want to get one now, though... It'd be a GREAT way to use 360xplorer because you could just put the microSD in a card reader and open it with that program.