Who Wants to Play TF2? (Let's set a concrete time, people!)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:10 am

I've been playing CSS all week and weekend. No issues here.

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:45 am

Hey...um...can we actually do this? :D My friends and I have our own server, and I would really like to play with you guys.
Stop by:
66.55.159.53:27015
Valve is the best company.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:51 am

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:Hey...um...can we actually do this? :D My friends and I have our own server, and I would really like to play with you guys.
Stop by:
66.55.159.53:27015
Ill stop by sometime tonight.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:10 am

Absolutely! Let's set up a game on Bagels's server this evening.

<s>It sits at the "Updating" screen for a minute, then it tries connecting, but spits out the "connection failure" screen. Time to check the router settings again...

EDIT: I turned the router's security all the way down and it works fine. Maybe they changed their ports?</s>

EDIT 2: Turns out my router suddenly decided it didn't like the way the port filter settings were written. Back in business!

Aww, nobody's on? (10:30 PM Eastern)

EDIT: Huh? It gave me a "Disconnect: Server uses different class tables" error and my machine rebooted itself. (Meh it's a flaky POS anyway, I'll try installing on the laptop.)

JKO-K6
Steam ID:jko_k6_30

Post by JKO-K6 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:50 am

Negative_Creep wrote:CSS > TF2
Not true, I always hated CS, it's too much of walk-and-shoot-like-rambo-rofl for me, and people who play it are freaks who headshot you in a split-second... At least TF2 have a bit more of teamwork (I said a bit more). The only reason I play CSS is for the zombie mod, but when Left 4 Dead will come out, good bye CSS...

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:31 pm

JKO-K6 wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:CSS > TF2
Not true, I always hated CS, it's too much of walk-and-shoot-like-rambo-rofl for me, and people who play it are freaks who headshot you in a split-second... At least TF2 have a bit more of teamwork (I said a bit more). The only reason I play CSS is for the zombie mod, but when Left 4 Dead will come out, good bye CSS...
That zombie mod thing was so glitchy and full of kids I instantly hated it when I tried it, and yeah a lot of CS players will spank you totally unremorsefully, but I can hold my own at CSS anyway so I don't get raped everytime I play.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 pm

I only play the 360 version now.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Tuesday Night at 7 central.... anyone?
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 am

I will play whenever, I am always on steam so send me a message before you start since I usually only browse these forums once a day.
Steam- bioniclebert

I have CS:S and TF2 both ready to play. I like them both very much (honestly would rather play TF2 as it's a lot more relaxed. Not to mention then I'd get to shoot you guys with my demoman's grenades :)

Also, the Steam community has a Benheck group. It'd be nice if we all joined that one. (I'm currently not since it's still invite only, somebody help me out with that please.)

-Bert.
Making XNA Games in C#.

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Lets play Gmod.
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:45 pm

Jongamer wrote:I only play the 360 version now.
Me too, I feel left out. :(

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Jongamer wrote:I only play the 360 version now.
Me too, I feel left out. :(
Well, I thought the same. I got the PC version when it came out with the orange box on PC, but all my friends are console lovers and got it for XBOX 360. So my brother gets the Xbox version and I totally don't like it, not to mention NONE of them play it anymore. There's a LOT of glitches that are in the Xbox version that got cleared up in PC, and some slight other changes. (demoman has less ammo, better balanced, etc.)

A lot of people will complain about the pyro things, and I agree but in a different way. The stuff doesn't make the characters too cheap, but it's stupid to join a server where you're the ONLY person NOT playing that class. (not to mention people are bad at those classes too). Those people need to go over to the achievements servers!

And I used to play GMOD 9, but it really really badly screwed up my computer. A fun game, none the less, and I'd love to buy 10 but I am money-less.
EDIT: Anyway, don't want to clutter up the thread with my opinions, so I'll be playing on tuesday if I can remember to.
-Bert.
Making XNA Games in C#.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Eh, I've never really been a fan of TF2 to begin with, I'm more of an FPS... traditionalist, I guess. Being all team-based and tactical is fine and all, but I'd much rather depend on myself when playing a game, that way I've only got one person to get pissed off at when things go wrong. :wink:

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:43 pm

I'd much rather depend on myself when playing a game, that way I've only got one person to get pissed off at when things go wrong. :wink:
Yeah the person who beat you. :)
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure