Need help looking for an Airsoft Gun.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Nonsense Man
Need help looking for an Airsoft Gun.

Post by Nonsense Man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Well over the summer me and my freinds plan on having a few airsoft battles and my current airsoft gun won't be able to hold it's own. I'm looking for a reasonably priced electric gun. I'm looking for something around $80. I don't care if it's based off of a real gun. I just need it to have an affective range of at least 80ft. Also a cheaper pistol would also be nice. In that category I'm looking for something spring powered, clip fed, and around $25.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:14 pm

For that money you can step up from the starter class and get into the middle class guns

http://www.airsplat.com/Categories/ERM.htm

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Here's my suggestion:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M5A5-069.htm

My JG Sig 552 shoots ~150 feet maximum, so you should expect this to do about the same. It may say some random statistics on that website (FPS, range) but FPS is right at about 340-350 and range is 150 feet max.

If you want a video review of the Echo 1 MP5 (same gun, practically) check out "airsoftreports" on youtube, or go to their forum.
-Bert.
Making XNA Games in C#.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Ya I was looking through all of airsoft reports videos. I guess I'll peruse the forum in a bit. One thing I've been wondering is what is hop up?

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 pm

When an airsoft gun is fired, the little plastic bb needs to go as far as it can, so people had to think of a way to get the most out of the energy produced. The resulting product, was Hopup, which consists of a piece of rubber that puts some backspin on the bb that sails in the air. This actually makes the bb sail for much longer in the air, providing some accuracy bonus as well. And yes, if it's turned up too high, the bb's can actually end up shooting too high in the air then they should, and when it's off, the bb wont go far at all. In cheapo guns, there is either no hopup or a fixed hopup, meaning it cant be adjusted. In this model, adjustable hopup means that you control how it shoots.
Making XNA Games in C#.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Ok thanks. Also that MP5 that you linked too seems nice I'll add it to the list of possibilities. Would this work as a secondary mag as this is based off of the Tokyo Mauri mp5?