Hey Sponge (A question about Stereo Sound)

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

HK-47
Hey Sponge (A question about Stereo Sound)

Post by HK-47 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:42 pm

Hey I was just wondering about the stereo sound thing for a 2600 you posted on doomportables.org (A thing I saw before it stopped working! :x ) Anyway I ordered the correct caps for the stereo sound thing but which end goes to the atari and which end goes to the screen.
Is it like this: ATARI ---- (- +) ---- Screen
Or like this : ATARI ----- (+ -) ---- Screen
Or did I buy the wrong kind of cap... I dont remember which way they go. :?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:55 pm

hmmm... you have polarized capacitors, which go in one way. I used unpolarized caps, which don't matter. I'd try it one way, and if it doesn't seem to work, try the other (it shouldn't break anything if it's in wrong, I wouldn't think)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

stereth

Post by stereth » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:53 pm

You want nonpolarized caps. Otherwise the current just kind of leaks past half the time. If you can't get them, get pairs (at twice the capacitance each) and hook them up back to back to make your own nonpolar caps.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Ok thanks, I guess I'll have to hit a radioshack or something sometime, thanks for the advice. :D