PSOne LCD Pinout

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:58 pm

The PSone screen is running off it's own ac adaptor.
Pin 12 is getting 5v.
I've opened the screen up, and am connecting the comp video straight to pin #1 on the 2nd port.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:03 pm

Also, I notice when I connect other other consoles to it, the backlighting flicks on and off.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Ah, I got it, I had to ground pin 4 of the 2nd port, now it works fine. Why is it that the PS doesn't require this though?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ah, I got it, I had to ground pin 4 of the 2nd port, now it works fine. Why is it that the PS doesn't require this though?
It probably does it in the connector.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:12 pm

Can you connect other types of av like vcr and satalite dvd with this connection?
Thanks

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:16 pm

If you mean can use put in like a coaxil line, theoraticly yes. You'd need to get your hands on an RF switch/modulator and connct it to the screen. You can get these one of three ways; one as someone here for one from a pocket tv they modded; two use one from a pocket tv you modded; three you should get a way modifying the RF adapters for systems to work opposite.

If however you mean like the jacks on the front of them. Those are always composite and the PSone will accept almost any signal those offer, exept Hi-Def.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:14 pm

You'd need to get your hands on an RF switch/modulator
AKA a vcr...

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:14 pm

Wait a minute...whats this about the +5V to pin 12 thing? As soon as I plug my power supply into the screen it turns on (without any video being supplyed to it, if that matters)
So is my screen weird or what? I probably misread something but I dont think I did...

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:20 pm

It has been said already that not all screens need that mod. Just happens that some do, and some don't :)

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:20 pm

some screens need it. Just try plugging something into it, and I think it'll work since it does turn on.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:28 pm

That's weird :? Ben also said the same thing about the brightness mod: "some screens need the mod and some don't." (not his exact wording but close)

phantom92opera

Post by phantom92opera » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:16 am

hey guys, i finished my led mod on my psone screen last night and got to test it this morning. when i power it up and use the av to a spare psone in my house i just get white streaks and lines (vertical). what should i do?

i get audio. just no video so i know that its getting connected.
i also wired the 5v to pin 12 on the 1st connector. and grounded pin 4 on the 2nd connector

Shadowfangs

Re: PSOne LCD Pinout

Post by Shadowfangs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:57 am

make sure your ribbon cable is seated properly. I had this happen to me!

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 am

Shadowfangs wrote:make sure your ribbon cable is seated properly. I had this happen to me!

Check the date before posting. This has been dead for ten months, let it keep sinking down.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:56 am

I can confirm that the "Play On" branded Playstation 2 portable screen is indeed a rebadged PSOne/Zenith screen with identical pinouts and connections.
The one modification they make is removal of the Sony/Zenith edge connector and a direct power connection to the bottom most 7508 (it has simple AV input connections through a screw-on flying lead instead) - once that is removed it's plain sailing at usual.