Direct input in psone screen Q

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

pjmk
Direct input in psone screen Q

Post by pjmk » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:32 pm

I just ordered a psone screen off ebay and one of those mini av input cables. I want to use the screen with my snes. I already have one of those female coupler plugs from radioshack, which I'm gonna use with the av cable to plug it in to the lcd from the snes av out. Can the screen work independently, seperated from the psone console? I ask this because I was wondering about the 5v it needs, but I don't want to open it and solder a wire from the 7805 to the 5v input. Thanks.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:57 pm

well, it can as long as it get's some sort of 5V to the av port that plugs into the psone, I'd say opening it up would be the only easy solution.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:50 pm

so, if you have a psone, how would you hook an external application up to it?

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:41 am

Wire in a plug

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:46 am

Anonymous wrote:so, if you have a psone, how would you hook an external application up to it?
What exactly do you mean? I'll just assume you mean psone screen since this is what the topic is about...
If you can happen to get a female psone av jack you could put 5V into the 5V line on it and just plug it in, that'd activate the lcd, but the easiest way would be to open it up and do the mod.