Gamecube Player....What's it like inside?

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Gamelver
Gamecube Player....What's it like inside?

Post by Gamelver » Fri May 21, 2004 1:02 pm

As of now my GCp is still in the early stages of construction. However, I've planned everything out and I've ordered all of the parts so as soon as they come in it should be done pretty soon. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ever been curios enough to open up a Gameboy player for the Gamecube. I'm asking this because if I could modify it to be less wide then maybe I could put it into the GCp. I know the answer to my question will probably be no, because I don't think there would be another reason to open up a Gameboy player but if you have any info on the subject please let me know.

Maybe later I'll order the screwdriver to open up the Gameboy player, probably the one for the cartridges, but as of now I don't have any more money :cry: and I don't want to ruin my Gameboy player.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

someone

This might help

Post by someone » Fri May 21, 2004 3:38 pm

http://www2.shopping.com/xGS-Advance_Ga ... ~CR-2~DW-0

This thing plays GBA (only GBA) games on the gamecube by plugging into a controller port (I think). Hope this helps! :lol:

Good luck on your GCNp!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Fri May 21, 2004 4:25 pm

That's not really what I was talking about. I'm talking about the Gameboy player that plugs into the bottom of the Gamecube and you can play Gameboy games on your Gamecube.

gannon

Post by gannon » Fri May 21, 2004 4:51 pm

Hm...It's not a bad idea, but the battery life would be horrible. Although I suppose it'd save you from buying another lcd. I think the gba player for the gamecube outputs a/v directly, so I guess under most circumstances it'd be cheaper than buying a gba and a tranverter, unless you found a cheap gba with a broken lcd on ebay. I'm not sure how big the board is.

someone

Post by someone » Fri May 21, 2004 9:51 pm

Gamelver wrote:That's not really what I was talking about. I'm talking about the Gameboy player that plugs into the bottom of the Gamecube and you can play Gameboy games on your Gamecube.
I know that is what you were thinking of, and I was suggesting the other one instead of it. The other one is LOADS smaller.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Fri May 21, 2004 10:35 pm

Yeah I think I'll use that GBA player because you're right, it's loads smaller and I wouldn't have to modify anything, it just goes into the memory card slot. Thanks for the link.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat May 22, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah it does look nice, and it is a lot smaller and cheaper.
What I want to know is if it emulates the gba on the gamecube or if it actually has gba hardware inside it.

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Sat May 22, 2004 2:03 pm

It emulates the Gba. It can only play gba games too. They have them at a best buy where I live. I might get one to play with and for ripping the disk.