Trimming guide Rev C?? Donate me one and I'll get to it ;)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I see so many people asking the same questions over and over again. The trimming guides as of yet are incomplete (for noobs unclear) and are lacking Rev C motherboards. I'll offer to make a guide for a Rev C as Ashen has already has made one for Rev A/B.

Rev C is with the built in regulator and only to be found in the US or in JAP. PAL does not have this board. It also only have the normal av out. Digital port has been removed.

If you have a defect one or a working one let me know.
Last edited by zenloc on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in more of my projects?? Check my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001843721188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or email me at loctronics@gmail.com with your request.

uesleiporto

Re: Anyone want a complete gamecube trimming guide??

Post by uesleiporto » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 pm

zenloc wrote:I see so many people asking the same questions over and over again. The trimming guides as of yet are incomplete (for noobs unclear) and are lacking Rev C motherboards. I offer to make a complete guide for every single motherboard of every region. Including detailsed component description.

I ask everyone that if you want to help me with this documentation to donate a gamecube motherboard. Ofcourse I only need one of each revision so I'll remove any revision of the list after I have recieved it.

I am looking for the following boards:

USA Rev A,B and C
JAP Rev A,B and C

Here's how you locate your revision:

REV A: DOL-001 gamecubes with both Digital AV output on and Serial port 2 inside ::Status: Still beeing sold in Europe and Korea (NTSC J) , Sold out in Japan and both North and South America.

REV B: DOL-001 gamecubes with both Digital AV output on, but where the serial Port 2 had been removed ::Status: Sold out worldwide but you can still get one in the usa if you exchange your DOL-101 (unmodded) gamecube to a DOL-001 version with nintendo (for free).

REV C: DOL-101 gamecubes without Digital AV output and serial Port 2. ::Status: It's the current Retail version for worldwide except for PAL gamecube systems (EU + Australia) and Brasil.

If you wanna help great let me know which board you can donate and I'll add you to the guide credits.
hi zenloc, i need a guide do a A,B USA REV, I have a gc board here, but I do not know where to start, I'm afraid something went wrong, so i need a litlle help.

thanks

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 am

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the info you need on REV A/B trimming.
Interested in more of my projects?? Check my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001843721188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or email me at loctronics@gmail.com with your request.

uesleiporto

Re: Trimming guide Rev C?? Donate me one and I'll get to it ;)

Post by uesleiporto » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:59 pm

i'm looking these transistores and others components on the front and rear, on two sides of the board, where stay the memory card, disc drive and controller lines, what of these i need and don't need to that memorycard, DD and controller 1 work properly?

i have marked in red:

all guides i read don't talk too about they and i stayed with doubt if i discard or preserve
please clarify to me

Thanks