Ripped laser ribbon on PS2/Cut controller in half

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

dmbinbluwatr
Ripped laser ribbon on PS2/Cut controller in half

Post by dmbinbluwatr » Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am

Is there a way to repair this or should I just get a new one? Is the ribbon on the Fat PS2 the same as on the Slim?

On a new question, If I cut a playstation controller in half do a just use
regular wire to wire it to the ps2 board?
Last edited by dmbinbluwatr on Wed May 13, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord_Turkey

Re: Ripped laser ribbon on PS2

Post by Lord_Turkey » Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 am

Dont quote me on it but I've read they can possibly be repaired by taping them back together, but I think thats just in the case of them fraying, not a total rip that results in the cable in two parts.

dmbinbluwatr

Post by dmbinbluwatr » Tue May 12, 2009 7:30 am

Lord_Turkey wrote:Dont quote me on it but I've read they can possibly be repaired by taping them back together, but I think thats just in the case of them fraying, not a total rip that results in the cable in two parts.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Maybe I can try and expose both sides of the wires and then tape them together.

Lord_Turkey

Post by Lord_Turkey » Tue May 12, 2009 7:36 am

I think thats the procedure.

However I ripped my Power/Eject cable on a fat PS2 and ordered a replacement part; it was significantly longer then the original and much stronger due to being 'laminated' in white.

Thus if a repair job fails, replacement parts may be better then the originals; speaking from my own personal experience.

dmbinbluwatr

Post by dmbinbluwatr » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 am

Lord_Turkey wrote:I think thats the procedure.

However I ripped my Power/Eject cable on a fat PS2 and ordered a replacement part; it was significantly longer then the original and much stronger due to being 'laminated' in white.

Thus if a repair job fails, replacement parts may be better then the originals; speaking from my own personal experience.
Cool, Thanks for the tip. I may take the longer one any ways because I am attempting the PS2p.