Radica Controler (Mega Drive)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Dragon Man
Radica Controler (Mega Drive)

Post by Dragon Man » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:00 pm

hey peeps.

i have done a slot mod to my radica a year or so back, and it totaly awesome! but one day the cable got pulled off the controler (not out of the console).

could some one take a picture of the wire order on the PCB of the controler?

i am basicly just going to follow that and re-solder all the wires back on the board. i have tryed takeing appart a sega mega drive controler and following the wireing order of that but i had no luck.

like i said, if some one can just take a picture of all the wires going into the PCB i can follow that and fix my controler..

thanks guys
-
John

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Radica Controler (Mega Drive)

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 pm

If you're using a 3-button controller on your radica device, all the wires should be straight with their counterpart space on the radica board, except for the last 2 wires, which are reversed.

Observe my super simple diagram lol

Radica:
<-edge Rom spot->
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
│ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 9
<-dpad ABC->
Controller

(radica pin 1 goes to controller pin 1, radica pin 2 goes to controller pin 2, ect)

Hope this helps.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Dragon Man

Post by Dragon Man » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 am

hmm.. i have just soldered the wires in that order and i dont seem to be getting anything working

can a sega mega drive controler be hacked onto the Radica? i know i will loose the menu button but thats nothing turning off and on the radica cant fix...

thanks for the reply dude.

John

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

Hm. Strange. What Revision is your radica board? I know that some revs have somewhat different pinouts for the controller spots...I'm currently looking at a rev 1.4 board and it has the ground and reset buttons backwards from other radica units :/

As for hooking up an original controller, it's possible, as I know someone has done it before lol.

LINK: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 pm

I thought it was due to the Radica not giving the controller 5 volts... will try to find the link...

Edit:
Found it, with lots of other good info.