Sam's Back with a PSone Portable in the works

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Sam's Back with a PSone Portable in the works

Post by thewise1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, more updates, I really liked this one because the case is wood.

But what happened to the buttons in front, it looks like you were going to use normal buttons before the tacts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

sam_thornley

Post by sam_thornley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:51 am

thewise1 wrote:But what happened to the buttons in front, it looks like you were going to use normal buttons before the tacts?
I messed up the triangle when i was cutting the hole so the button will not fit. So i'm going leave the tact switches as they are. The rest of the buttons will fit but the traingle will not. Its playable, doesn't really bother me. :D

Got the left and right side panels done. Sprayed up and holes drilled for the volume buttons. Will post some pictures when i get round to adding them to the case.

As you may or may not have noticed, the overall design has changed slightly from my original plan. This is just the way i work. I will get a bunch of ideas in my head then just change them as i go along.

sam_thornley

Post by sam_thornley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 am

Its Finished! All Done! Got all of the side panels glued in to place, everything is working as it should. :D On a full charge it will run for just under 2 hours. (1 hour and 50 minutes) Thats acceptable for me, i like my portables to run for at least 2 hours. Anyway some final pictures:

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 am

i love it! except for the lack of face buttons, its totally amazing! :mrgreen:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 am

yeah the buttons would be nice, but other than that this is great! and is that Crash Bandicoot 3? that one kinda sucked :P
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Super job, looks great! Just curious, why'd you leave off the analog sticks? Was space a problem?

sam_thornley

Post by sam_thornley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

samjc3 wrote:i love it! except for the lack of face buttons, its totally amazing! :mrgreen:
Thanks, Eventually I might see if i can get something to cover up those tacts. Maybe get hold of some third party controllers and hack up the buttons see if i can get them to fit. Then glue them in to place. Its perfectly playable, i've been playing half way through Abe's Exoddus without a problem.
joeyjoe9876 wrote:yeah the buttons would be nice, but other than that this is great! and is that Crash Bandicoot 3? that one kinda sucked :P
Yeah thats Crash 3. I think the first four games are the best. Because they where all developed by Naughty Dog, the original creators of the crash bandicoot games.
limpport wrote:Super job, looks great! Just curious, why'd you leave off the analog sticks? Was space a problem?
Basically when i first had a playstaion i only had the original control pad to play with. I never played with a DualShock untill I got a PS2! So i thought i'd leave them out on this project.