Nintendo 64 Motherboard Revisions/Serials Info Request

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

scikoolaid
Re: Nintendo 64 Motherboard Revisions Help/Info Request

Post by scikoolaid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Got the n64, its another 05
serial: NS219449416
never was opened so it should be considered the correct housing.

Link83

Post by Link83 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 am

scikoolaid wrote:Got the n64, its another 05
Thanks very much, your info is very much appreciated :D

I have added your serial to my list and moved the whole list to the first post so that it can be found easier.

....If anybody gets anymore N64's in the future please think of this thread and help complete this list! :wink:

Oh and a little tip - if you have a 'funtastic' transparent N64 but dont want to/cant open it to find out the revision you can just look through the back of the power supply slot under a light and read the revision right off the motherboard! Hopefully this might inspire a few more people to post their serial/revision.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Link83 wrote:
scikoolaid wrote:Got the n64, its another 05
Thanks very much, your info is very much appreciated :D

I have added your serial to my list and moved the whole list to the first post so that it can be found easier.

....If anybody gets anymore N64's in the future please think of this thread and help complete this list! :wink:

Oh and a little tip - if you have a 'funtastic' transparent N64 but dont want to/cant open it to find out the revision you can just look through the back of the power supply slot under a light and read the revision right off the motherboard! Hopefully this might inspire a few more people to post their serial/revision.
Is this open to anybody? I have a music concert tonight, but I will certainly add to this. I have 4 open n64s.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Link83

Post by Link83 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 pm

eurddrue wrote: Is this open to anybody? I have a music concert tonight, but I will certainly add to this. I have 4 open n64s.
Yes please, the more the merrier! Everybody please feel free to contribute :D

My only request is to please try and make sure that the motherboard and casing match (eg. came together) otherwise any info could be incorrect (This may sound obvious, but when your modding multiple N64's different parts have a habit of getting switched around :lol:)

CHIP REVISIONS
Another thing that I would love to find out is which chips were used on each motherboard revision, such as the CPU/RCP/RDRAM revisions. For this info you dont even need to have the console casing anymore, as long as the motherboard revision code is still visable and you are comfortable removing the heatsinks you can help add to this :wink: Ill start with:-
NUS-CPU-03 (1996)
CPU-NUS
RCP-NUS
RDRAM18-NUS A

NUS-CPU(P)-01 (1996)
CPU-NUS A
RCP-NUS
RDRAM18-NUS B

(The year is printed on the board aswell just below the cart slot - sometimes multiple years are printed. If anybody needs to know which chips are which, just let me know and i'll make a diagram)
If anybody can think of any other important chips I should be adding please let me know :)
This info could be very useful for anyone wishing to overclock their N64 (later revision CPU's overclock better) or who want to know which revisions only use one RDRAM chip, etc.

Would also still love some more good pictures/scans of any motherboards if its not too much trouble...

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Link83- Sorry for the lack of reply. I've been doing some hunting, and I cannot verify that the N64s I posted previously with questionable numbers haven't been opened. They sure looked like they hadn't, but they've been through several game stores, so it's entirely possible they're wrong.

I did recently acquire one owned by the same family who bought it new off the shelf, so I can verify this one's in its original casing. It belonged to a friend of mine who got killed, so I'm not going to strip the heatsinks for chip numbers. Sorry. It means too much to me to do anything to it. But enough of the personal s*** no one cares about.

Serial Number- NS229261794
Revision Number- NUS-CPU-05
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Link83

Post by Link83 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Tibia,
Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks very much for the serial number, I have added it to the list. Also, very sorry to hear about your friend.

If anyone else has any more serials to contribute please post them here.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Link83 wrote:Hi Tibia,
Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks very much for the serial number, I have added it to the list. Also, very sorry to hear about your friend.

If anyone else has any more serials to contribute please post them here.
I have a total of 10 n64s now :lol: I'm not sure if they can be trusted because, um, the cases got all mixed up :oops:
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Wed May 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Eurddrue, the ones you bought from me were already mixed up. You could still contribute by adding board revisions and chip numbers to the list.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

OhSnap!

Post by OhSnap! » Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 am

i find it really annoying that companies do this, have some revisions without certain things.
like with my eeepc 901, they are supposed to have a connector to put in a 1.8" hard drive but some of them don't have the connector attached, just a space for the hdd and few soldering points in the board where the connector for it should be. I am annoyed with asus. :evil:

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 am

Uh...

There were two versions of the EeePC 901.
Only one version sported the 1.8" HDD connector, and although I'm not certain, I believe it was the 20G.

goodie

Re: Nintendo 64 Motherboard Revisions/Serials Info Request

Post by goodie » Sat May 23, 2009 6:49 pm

Since I've got my N64 opened up, I figured I'd add my numbers, too.

NS147230940

NUS-CPU-04

VDC-NUS A
BU9801F
719 124
mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq

Flodder450

Post by Flodder450 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:23 pm

lol,made an account just to post it

my N64s serial number is,as found on the bottem of the console:NUP15787038

Link83

Post by Link83 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks goodie for your serial, I have added it to my list :D

I have also addded some more serials I have been given on other forums.

Flodder450 thanks for registering just to give me your serial :) Unfortunately unless you can tell me what your motherboard revision is aswell I cant really add it to the list :( All you need to do it remove the top cover (& Jumper/Exp. Pak) from the console using a gamebit and then you can read the revision code printed on the motherboard behind the cartridge slot - you dont need to remove the heatsinks or anything else. Also I think your serial number is one number short?

Thanks again to everybody who has already contributed, I think the list is building up quite nicely, but would still love to add even more! :)

Flodder450

Post by Flodder450 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Link83 wrote:Thanks goodie for your serial, I have added it to my list :D

I have also addded some more serials I have been given on other forums.

Flodder450 thanks for registering just to give me your serial :) Unfortunately unless you can tell me what your motherboard revision is aswell I cant really add it to the list :( All you need to do it remove the top cover (& Jumper/Exp. Pak) from the console using a gamebit and then you can read the revision code printed on the motherboard behind the cartridge slot - you dont need to remove the heatsinks or anything else. Also I think your serial number is one number short?

Thanks again to everybody who has already contributed, I think the list is building up quite nicely, but would still love to add even more! :)
sorry dude,but i dont have a gamebit,and i dont feel like screwing up my n64 if something gets wrong

good luck anyway :P

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:51 pm

NS180431212

NUS-CPU-04

VDC-NUS A

What about the AVDC models makes them not RGB moddable?

edit. Another one
NS245848030
NUS-CPU-05

It's my dev N64 so I'm not taking it down to the video DAC.

edit: From a boxed launch day N64.
NS102245156
NUS-CPU-03