Super small PSone clone!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Super small PSone clone!

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun May 22, 2011 11:12 pm

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/play-stati ... ntsc-70928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guys check that. Pretty expensive. But reads games from SD, USB, etc. Plays any region too.

Crazy!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Super small PSone clone!

Post by hailrazer » Mon May 23, 2011 7:23 am

Interesting.

I wonder how good it emulates.

Might not run 3d games very well.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah I think this is probably just a consolized PMP. It looks pretty awesome but until I see a detailed review I'm going to file it under "too good to be true."

If it is a PMP and it emulates other things as well it might be worth the asking price.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon May 23, 2011 11:47 pm

It only does "Game formats: 32 bit P series game simulator (download link: http://www.psonedownload.com/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ezp-15.html)"

By that, they are referring to PS1 games. Also, I think its a Ps1 clone, since it uses the same controllers as ps1/ps2.

If I had the cash, I'd buy it.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:It only does "Game formats: 32 bit P series game simulator (download link: http://www.psonedownload.com/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ezp-15.html)"

By that, they are referring to PS1 games. Also, I think its a Ps1 clone, since it uses the same controllers as ps1/ps2.

If I had the cash, I'd buy it.
seems like a bunch of legit PS1 games on that page....

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I have no idea what they have done, but it looks as if they have replicated the PSone circuitry and edited the BIOS as it states it has a 'UI graphic design (1024 x 576 pixels)'.

No PlayStation 1 game is HD or supports a resolution of '1024'.

Just some quick information I did on it,

Downsides, are that:

- It does not allow memory cards,
- It is not the original Sony hardware so you can not use scph-xxx devices (light guns, link system play etc),
- It does not support multi-disc games,
- The games must be downloaded. You may get a Japanese (NTSC-J) game over PAL or NTSC. You can not rip them yourself,

I downloaded a game, and it was 36 MB. That is not correct for a PlayStation game. You can only get that file size, from edited the game files. IE: Removing music, audio, some big images etc...

The file extension name was FTG.bin and FTG.cue. This means, you MUST download games from there site. Edited and not original.

The .cue is the header file for the .bin.

Opening the .cue, read this:

FILE "Mortal Kombat II (J) (FTG) (Acclaim) ÕæÈË¿ì´ò II.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 02:27:36

compared to an original PlayStation game, read this:

FILE "Bust-A-Groove [PAL-E-F-G-I-S] [SCES-01313] [494MB].bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

The game can not be played in an emulator.

The game data can not be accessed. Tried software emulation, and burning the files to a CD-ROM.

The disc could not be read and a waste of a CD-ROM...

It says a 32-bit simulator. Not emulator. Something does not sound right.

I tried the disc on a mod chipped (PAL) PlayStation and it could not be read (of course).

So they must be using 'custom edited' games to play how THEY want it to...

Expensive rubbish I think it is...

If someone has it, let us know how it is.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 am

For the resolution they are probably lying, just like the 3.5" screens claiming double what the actual resolution really is. Nothing else you posted seems to make sense either. The games available to download are at least playstation games, and at best they used some kind of encoder to alter it for their system, but I highly doubt that. Its been a while since I messed around with burned games, but the bin & cue file looks normal to me at first glance, and looks the same as if you'd rip the games yourself. Everything else is a moot point really; no need for memory cards with save states and I'm not sure if/how regular emulators work with multidisc games, but I would figure it to be something similar.