Super Joy 3 controller wiring question

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

viper8695
Super Joy 3 controller wiring question

Post by viper8695 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm

So, I am trying wire a NES controller to my super joy 3. I have read the "The Definitive NOAC pinout/information document!", located at http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=12335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I have the first one btw.

This document makes it sound like I could easily wire up the controller straight into the mainboard of the super joy 3. Does it really work like that? I am just wondering if an unaltered signal from a NES controller can be accepted by the super joy's cpu.

Thank you for any insight you could bring me.

skate256

Re: Super Joy 3 controller wiring question

Post by skate256 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 am

Hi,

I'm actually in the same position, I bought my super joy 3 some time a go and take the NOAC apart, but I had to stop because of school. I tested my NOAC yesterday, I plug it into the tv and it still work.

The problem is I don't know how to wire a controller to it. I try to solder wire to the chip on the controller PCB of the super Joy, actually both of the controller but I failed miserably. Now both of the chip on the main and secondary controller are waste because I ruined some trace near the chip.

I search a lot on the web to find a way to connect a NES controller to the controller of NOAC, but it was my understanding that the pin out are quite different and an attempts of wire a nes controller to the NOAC could damaged it.

Is there a way of doing some thing to use my NES controller, I am really motivated by this project and I have a hard time finding my NOAC, I really want to make it work!!!

themadhacker

Re: Super Joy 3 controller wiring question

Post by themadhacker » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 pm

It can be done pretty easily, just figure out the pinout to the controller. It's only 5 five wires, so trial and error won't be so frustrating.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/