The FantasyNes WIP

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

Atrerial
The FantasyNes WIP

Post by Atrerial » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:49 pm

This is my first portable and nes is one of favorite consoles, so I thought why not? :)

Parts:
Nes
Innovations Turbo Nes Controller
Eagle Tee Golf Case
7.2v 2000mAh Battery
Psone Screen

I have everything but the controller and case. I'm going to have a built in Game Genie so I dont have to get another cartridge slot for the nes. I'm also probably going to do the stereo mod, too. I know the battery sucks but Im going to use until I can replace it. I've been trying to desolder the RF box off but I cant get any solder off from the outer four tabs. Is it because I leave my nes in my basement where its always cold?

Also, is there any other cool nes mods I can do?

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: The FantasyNes WIP

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:59 pm

I would suggest that you not get that cheap controller, unless you are going to be using tactile switches for the buttons. Here's a link to the tac switches that everybody likes to use on their controllers http://cgi.ebay.com/PKG50-Tactile-Push- ... 45f0f59f5b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to buy them in a smaller quantity, I can sell them to you for less money. I'm also not sure if an original NES board, ps1 screen, and everything else will fit into that case.

I also have a game genie if you need that, but from what you wrote, it looks like you already have it.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Atrerial

Post by Atrerial » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:I would suggest that you not get that cheap controller, unless you are going to be using tactile switches for the buttons. Here's a link to the tac switches that everybody likes to use on their controllers http://cgi.ebay.com/PKG50-Tactile-Push- ... 45f0f59f5b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to buy them in a smaller quantity, I can sell them to you for less money. I'm also not sure if an original NES board, ps1 screen, and everything else will fit into that case.

I also have a game genie if you need that, but from what you wrote, it looks like you already have it.
I might get those buttons if its terrible. I'll see if it can fit into that case if not, ill try trimming everything and yes, I have a game genie.

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Nope.
Case is way too small; I don't even think you can fit a psone screen in there by itself.
You may want to try something else.

Atrerial

Post by Atrerial » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Great, I already order it. At least it was only $5 -_-

Does anyone know any other case that I can use thats like it or like the lazer doodle?

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 pm

One of the AG series from Polycase perhaps. Clicky!

Atrerial

Post by Atrerial » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 am

I might use one of those but I'll keep looking.
Is it possible to RCP wire the nes? It looks like you can.