Best clone to use in a portable?

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

cjs
Best clone to use in a portable?

Post by cjs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Which clone would give me the best results?

metalcookie

Re: Best clone to use in a portable?

Post by metalcookie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 pm

i would use superjoy
Citizen Kane

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm

This is pretty good, from what I've heard.
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/index.asp? ... ProdID=365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you have a superjoy, I'd use it.
\

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah, I have to agree on the retro-bit system...it's at least 99% compatable, and has no sound or graphics issues with any of the games I've used with them.
Number 2 for me would be the yobo, just cause it's a bit smaller than the retro bit (all the needed audio/video amps are on the middle board, so you only need the middle board with the cart slot).
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 pm

sj3 has horrid compatability, sound, and video issues. only use it if you are making a portable with only the built in games.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

gumbyx84

Post by gumbyx84 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Yeah, I have to agree on the retro-bit system...it's at least 99% compatable, and has no sound or graphics issues with any of the games I've used with them.
Number 2 for me would be the yobo, just cause it's a bit smaller than the retro bit (all the needed audio/video amps are on the middle board, so you only need the middle board with the cart slot).
So this would have better compatibility then a FC Twin or RetroDuo? I ask as I am looking for a clone system to replace my NES (which is currently undergoing a repaint and mod job) and was going to get a NES2 (top-loader). The Retro-Bit is dirt cheap on Stone Age Gamer ($15 as of right now) and I might be able to get one from local retro shop (it will probably cost more, but worth it if it I can get it ASAP). Just looking for best compatibility as my RetroDuo has issues with some of my fav games: Kirby's Adventure (sound), Batman (also sound), and BattleToads (crashes on second level for some reason).

PS Don't mean to sorta-kinda steal the thread, but thought it would be better to ask here then make a new thread.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:56 pm

I know for a fact that Kirby's adventure works flawlessly with the retro bit, no issues what so ever (it's also one of my fav NES games :) )

can't say about the others tho...but I think it's likely that they'll work.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

gumbyx84

Post by gumbyx84 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:I know for a fact that Kirby's adventure works flawlessly with the retro bit, no issues what so ever (it's also one of my fav NES games :) )

can't say about the others tho...but I think it's likely that they'll work.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Might be worth getting if that game works (also my favorite game). After realizing the local retro shop probably sells them for $50, I'm just gona wait and order it from StoneAgeGamer (I'm quite poor ATM). At least I have an idea of what my B-Day gift to myself will be. :)