Tap into HDMI on Jasper 360?

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

FA-MAS
Tap into HDMI on Jasper 360?

Post by FA-MAS » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Does anyone know of a place on a Jasper Xbox 360 motherboard where to tap into the HDMI? I've got a cable plugged in with the the ends stripped and I'm checking checking with a DMM to find where on the board it connects to. I've tried all around the AV connector. I'm kind of wondering if it's all on the internal layers of the PCB to prevent tampering.

What are you guys doing for video on your 360 laptops? VGA on the Xbox AV connector to DVI on the monitor?

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Tap into HDMI on Jasper 360?

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Few things:

The Jasper chipset has HDMI built in. I'm assuming you've got an Opus (Falcon without HDMI), in which case it may be possible. I just figured the contacts were there, just without the connector, but I may be wrong.

Regardless, you won't find HDMI pins in the video connector.

Ben (and others, probably) convert HDMI from the XBox to DVI on the monitor to hook up video.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sat May 01, 2010 9:05 am

I do know the HDMI port is surface mounted from underneath the port. I had a grand idea once to desolder it from the board, but you can't with an iron. I'm pretty sure it connects to all those little resistors on the top side of the board, but they could all be internal...
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

FA-MAS

Post by FA-MAS » Sat May 01, 2010 5:39 pm

eagle5953 wrote:Few things:

The Jasper chipset has HDMI built in. I'm assuming you've got an Opus (Falcon without HDMI), in which case it may be possible. I just figured the contacts were there, just without the connector, but I may be wrong.

Regardless, you won't find HDMI pins in the video connector.

Ben (and others, probably) convert HDMI from the XBox to DVI on the monitor to hook up video.
Nah, I have a Jasper motherboard. It just seems like the traces for it are in the middle layers of the PCB and unreachable. I've PM'd some others and they just plug into the HDMI connector. That's what I'll do.