X Box 360 single handed controller...

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

JMarshall
X Box 360 single handed controller...

Post by JMarshall » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm working on my own variant of Ben's single handed controller, but I need some help... I need to know what buttons everyone uses the most, that way I can place them in the most intuitive spots. I plan on taking the answers and averaging them from most used to least, then working out the placements based on that.

LoyalistRevolt

Re: X Box 360 single handed controller...

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:01 pm

JMarshall wrote:I'm working on my own variant of Ben's single handed controller, but I need some help... I need to know what buttons everyone uses the most, that way I can place them in the most intuitive spots. I plan on taking the answers and averaging them from most used to least, then working out the placements based on that.
all the buttons except the dpad....you need all of they for all games...
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Different games require different buttons with different frequency. Some games make use of every button (Gears of War, if I recall properly), others don't (can't think of a good example).
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

JMarshall

Post by JMarshall » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes I realize that... Perhaps I didn't explain it very clearly. I am asking for a list of the buttons you use the most to least, I don't need you to count every time you use a button, or what game you are playing, but what buttons you notice you use more often... It goes along the same lines as a colemak keyboard, the keys are placed using amount of use and ergonomics... I want to do the same thing with this project.