Firefox problem

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
Firefox problem

Post by resecnded x » Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm

usually, when I goto the about:config option, and checkout keyword.url, there used to be something filled out on it when I had firefox 3.6.12 (or someother version)

when I went to it now, I saw nothing; usually when that was filled out, if I type "newgrounds one more brawl taunts" (excluding the quotation marks) in the adress bar, it brings me to that video on newgrounds

does anyone know of the original Keyword.URL value in firefox's about:config control panel?
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: Firefox problem

Post by jdmlight » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 pm

You're looking for this:
http://farmdev.com/thoughts/93/what-hap ... some-bar-/
Annoyed me too when I upgraded to Firefox 4.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 am

I got to experience the memory leak/cache override in 4.0(.0) . It spewed threads like it were trying to cause a heap overflow, fortunately the 4.0.1 fixed that (though it never acknowledged the fix in it's change log).

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Post by resecnded x » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 am

another thing I hate about this version (4.0 & 4.0.1) is the random firefox crashes; I had firefox crash on me 4 TIMES.........for no damn reason

I REALLY hope that their future updates (like firefox 4.2.13 or something) make this new era of firefox blow less.........and I also miss my chromifox themes.............would downgrade, but don't wanna; last time I did that (and I did it WITHOUT errors of any kind), my computer was horrendously slow for 3 days
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

bulbon

Post by bulbon » Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

resecnded x wrote:another thing I hate about this version (4.0 & 4.0.1) is the random firefox crashes; I had firefox crash on me 4 TIMES.........for no damn reason

I REALLY hope that their future updates (like firefox 4.2.13 or something) make this new era of firefox blow less.........and I also miss my chromifox themes.............would downgrade, but don't wanna; last time I did that (and I did it WITHOUT errors of any kind), my computer was horrendously slow for 3 days
most likely a bug or multiple in your plugins, you may want to disable all those and see if it's still crashing, and if not renable 1 by 1, till you can deduct which is the cause. I personally think ff4 is really nice, very fast, my only problem was it moved the refresh button(which is my favorite button) but I found on IRC how to move it back, which was easy btw.