desktop audio AWFUL

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

OMGpedobear
desktop audio AWFUL

Post by OMGpedobear » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 am

Heres the story, 2 years ago or so i got a desktop pc, its an e machines E4034, specifically a media center pc but in reality nothing special. The original cheap crappy hard drive died on me so i was running Linux from a memory stick for a long time. i had reinstalled windows media center once and kept the audio driver on a memory stick before running Linux of a memory stick, before the audio was pretty damn good, im abit of an audiophile and i was pretty impressed , there was no change on linux or with the audio driver on the memory stick. I found a nice new decent 120 gb hard drive and put it in there and dual booted windows media center and xubuntu under linux the audio is normal, but when i reinstalled the audio driver with the same driver and the audio quality is awful, bass is either over powering and distorted or non existent and tinny depending on the song, it also lacks the "power" , its loud enough but it just dosent feel nice o lsiten to, im currently listening on my laptop which isn't great quality :(. Any help would be appreciated.

heres a little info if its helpful:

512 mb ram, stock ram really crappy.
2.8ghz processor
ati radeeon xpress 200
120 gb western digital hard drive
stock 400 wat power supply
windows media center edition service pack2.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: desktop audio AWFUL

Post by bicostp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm

So is the audio giving you trouble on Linux or Windows?

Have you tried finding the drivers on eMachines' website?
http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What about downloading the latest drivers for the chipset directly from RealTek?

Do you still have the discs that came with the computer?

Install Service Pack 3 and do all the updates on Microsoft Update. There might be a better driver on there.

OMGpedobear

Re: desktop audio AWFUL

Post by OMGpedobear » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:53 am

According to the emachines website my machine dosent exist XD. Disks that came with the computer never worked :(, no diea where they are now. Its jsut like this under windows , but spotify wont run properly under linux :(. Ill do updates and see what happens :).