MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
Re: MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Post by jdmlight » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:22 pm

*adds WRT54G (DD-WRT hacked :D), 8-port switch, and ethernet cables to bring-to-MGC list*
:D
In that case, I'll strongly consider bringing a computer. I refuse to bring my laptop because I'm afraid of it getting stolen (I don't have the money to buy a SECOND macbook pro :lol: ) but I could bring like the iMac G3 sitting on my bench or something.

FTW! :lol:
Edit: Stupid page break...
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

i will be bringing the following:
*My toolbox of wonders (aka the Sylvania parts kit)
*a TON of misc parts! (buttons, controller/system parts, leds, etc etc) for sale/free depending on the part!
*a few partially finished portables (request specific ones if you want to see them, ask me for a list of what i have! lol)
*my amiga 1200, hopefully set up better this time!
*my (hopefully finished and working) neogeo MVS console and game (12 in all IIRC!)
*my laptop (if i get it back together) and external harddrives, plus my zune! (anime, movies, music etc!)

as usual i plan to be well equipped and my parts box is ready to help build another NESquick or toilet NES or whatever! im super excited for this year :D

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 pm

In all seriousness, please don't bring desktops to the suite. We're already overstuffing the rooms technically, and I don't want the people from the hotel to see a bunch of desktop computers going by the front desk or anything weird like that. Plus, the rooms would get too crowded. If you're afraid of your computer getting stolen (we've never had that kind of problem before, but I'll admit that there are new people mixed into the group) get a Kensington lock or something.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 pm

I just found out that I'll have to take a gray hound for 5 hours to st. paul, minnesota then get picked up there to drive to mgc. Apparently my mother though it was next weekend and can't take me this weekend. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Ouch, well, glad you can still make it.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:06 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:In all seriousness, please don't bring desktops to the suite. We're already overstuffing the rooms technically, and I don't want the people from the hotel to see a bunch of desktop computers going by the front desk or anything weird like that. Plus, the rooms would get too crowded. If you're afraid of your computer getting stolen (we've never had that kind of problem before, but I'll admit that there are new people mixed into the group) get a Kensington lock or something.
This is a valid point. I won't bring my iMac - even though it's an all-in-one, it still takes up a good chunk of space being that it's a CRT...

Hmm. I'll make a note to bring my Kensington lock. Ketchup trusts you guys, so I should too... /insert leap of faith :D

Nothing personal against anyone here, I'm just overly protective of my Macbook Pro...
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:34 pm

jdmlight wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:In all seriousness, please don't bring desktops to the suite. We're already overstuffing the rooms technically, and I don't want the people from the hotel to see a bunch of desktop computers going by the front desk or anything weird like that. Plus, the rooms would get too crowded. If you're afraid of your computer getting stolen (we've never had that kind of problem before, but I'll admit that there are new people mixed into the group) get a Kensington lock or something.
This is a valid point. I won't bring my iMac - even though it's an all-in-one, it still takes up a good chunk of space being that it's a CRT...

Hmm. I'll make a note to bring my Kensington lock. Ketchup trusts you guys, so I should too... /insert leap of faith :D

Nothing personal against anyone here, I'm just overly protective of my Macbook Pro...
I understand, but in all honesty my biggest fear is that we'll get ours mixed up when we leave (I've got one, too) :P
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 pm

assuming it still works i'll be bringing my everun in all its newly painted glory, if its NOT working i'll bring my external harddrives at the least as mentioned above!

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:45 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:
jdmlight wrote:

I understand, but in all honesty my biggest fear is that we'll get ours mixed up when we leave (I've got one, too) :P
Lol. Actually that makes me feel safer in bringing my laptop, seeing as I won't have the only expensive laptop... Most Benheckers seem to be the Netbook or the Thinkpad type...

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:51 pm

One idea I had for this year would be to bring stuff to sell/trade, as there would be no shipping involved then, especially for items that would cost more to ship than they are worth. It's good if you've got a few too many of a particular system, controller, or game.

If people want to do this, it might be worth making a thread so we can post what we can bring, as I doubt I'm the only one with more excess stuff than I'd want to pack along; thus, it'd be good to guage interest in your junk.

What do you think?

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 am

eagle5953 wrote:One idea I had for this year would be to bring stuff to sell/trade, as there would be no shipping involved then, especially for items that would cost more to ship than they are worth. It's good if you've got a few too many of a particular system, controller, or game.

If people want to do this, it might be worth making a thread so we can post what we can bring, as I doubt I'm the only one with more excess stuff than I'd want to pack along; thus, it'd be good to guage interest in your junk.

What do you think?
I think this is a great idea! I don't have much extra junk to sell, but I'd be interested in seeing what people have to offer. Kinda like a Benheck MGC Garage Sale...

Biased

Post by Biased » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 am

eagle5953 wrote:One idea I had for this year would be to bring stuff to sell/trade, as there would be no shipping involved then, especially for items that would cost more to ship than they are worth. It's good if you've got a few too many of a particular system, controller, or game.

What do you think?
Where's that darn facebook like button image people were using when I need it?

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 am

What do you think?
I've been trying to make a sale thread with free shipping to MGC for a while now, and a megathread with everyone's stuff would be better because then I can add things as I find them and not feel like a knob for trying to create a giant sale thread while only listing with one thing haha.

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 am

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:42 am

It's the Final Countdown till the day MGC starts folks!

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P