Pokefami DX (Japanese Portable SNES) - Screen Flicker Fix?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

nusilver
PSN Username:nusilver
360 GamerTag:nusilver
Steam ID:nusilver
Pokefami DX (Japanese Portable SNES) - Screen Flicker Fix?

Post by nusilver » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi all,

I recently imported a Pokefami DX from Japan and I'm thoroughly impressed by the unit - it trumps the Supaboy in all regards except one - when using the built-in speakers, the display flickers (essentially, there are horizontal lines of interference on the screen). The louder the sound, the bigger the problem (also, volume off, no flicker). Using headphones eliminates the problem entirely.

I cracked the system open and, as you can see from the two pictures below, the sound board is *right* behind the screen - in fact, the screen sits on top of the sound board.

Is it possible that a bit of quick shielding would fix this? If so, what would you experts suggest? I'm handy with portable electronics but wouldn't know where to start with this one.

modrobert

Re: Pokefami DX (Japanese Portable SNES) - Screen Flicker Fix?

Post by modrobert » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 pm

What happens if you run it with the case open (as shown in your photos), still same problem?