New Here...Gamegear/Gameboy pocket help

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

dogmanx88
New Here...Gamegear/Gameboy pocket help

Post by dogmanx88 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am

hey guys,
I've always visited this site to get knowledge on projects im interested in and i've just created an account hoping to get some feedback from all you braniacs and whizz's out there:

recently i just bought a used gamegear from a flea market for 5 bucks. it suffers from a bad screen and from what i hear. it seems to be those bad caps the GG was known to have. where can i buy a full set of the caps that the GG will need? im not sure which size/power rating i will need so to be safe, i want to replace ALL the caps. any help on this?

ALSO:

i bought a gameboy pocket from the same flea market and it refuses to power on no matter what. i've opened it and cleaned it,reflowed most of the solder and it still wont power on...maybe it has bad caps somewhere too??
i was wondering is there any parts in either of these handhelds that can be swapped to the other to get the other up and running?
my GBP isnt really a priority here seeing that i have 5 other gameboys laying around so it's really just for show...my gamegear is my only one and i'd love to get up on some sega action soon..

any help will be appreciated. thanks guys

jimmimak

Re: New Here...Gamegear/Gameboy pocket help

Post by jimmimak » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Did you manage to replace the capacitors yet?

There is a list here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/ ... epair.html