Onlive portable system

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

bizzy401
Onlive portable system

Post by bizzy401 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:51 pm

I love the Onlive service (http://www.onlive.com) and I would love to make an Onlive portable. The micro-console is about the size of a deck of cards so there is really not much to cram into the case. I am working with Polycase right now getting the perfect case and I will start chopping things up shortly. The console outputs HDMI so I am trying to find out how to connect that to the psone screen. The system would have to connect to the internet, but the micro-console has Wifi and ethernet port. I will probably use them both.

All in all this project seems pretty fun any advice is welcome.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: Onlive portable system

Post by bassmasta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm

A PSOne screen is waaay too low resolution for what you're looking to do.

Something like this would be much better, as it's 640x480, rather than the PSOne which is 320x240.

It doesn't have HDMI though, but it has VGA, and it probably would be easier to get HDMI into than the PSOne.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

bizzy401

Post by bizzy401 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:51 am

Awesome, that seems a lot better than the psone screen. The resolution rocks and pulling VGA off of the HDMI is cake.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:10 pm

bizzy401 wrote:Awesome, that seems a lot better than the psone screen. The resolution rocks and pulling VGA off of the HDMI is cake.
Not really. I'm not sure if the Onlive system has HDCP, which could make things a pain. I know the HDFury will decipher the signal, but that's a bit expensive.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.