PAL Colored Buttons on a Wii Classic Controller?

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Kitsune_Baka
PAL Colored Buttons on a Wii Classic Controller?

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Wed May 05, 2010 6:49 am

So I was browsing Google Image and seen this mentioned (http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) where someone transplanted PAL/SFC buttons into a Wii Classic. I currently use two flat Classics with my Mayflash adapter. Now, in the thread the person said that the buttons match up just fine, but does the rubber contact from the Classics work with this mod, or do I need to transfer that over from the SNES pads as well? That would be a slight downer since the rubber from the old pads I have are kinda worn out and I'd hafta track down some spares. I'm not going to risk screwing up my good flat CC's, especially now that Pro has replaced them and they're becoming next to impossible to find (imo, CC Pro isn't as good, the D-Pad on the flat CC is stiffer and the sticks are tight, whereas the D-pad on Pro is loose and gets crooked and the sticks are weak and wobble), so I got a cheapo clone model made by Intec on the way that I'm going to try this mod with first. From what I hear these are actually pretty good despite being aftermarket.

So uh, yeah... this is what it'll look like afterwards.

Diminuendo

Re: PAL Colored Buttons on a Wii Classic Controller?

Post by Diminuendo » Wed May 05, 2010 5:04 pm

you can use the classic controller rubber tacts

Kitsune_Baka

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm

^ Really? That's awesome.

Kitsune_Baka

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Sun May 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Hmm... so what I ended up getting weren't Intec but rather some knockoff, which isn't much of a surprise on Ebay. I took open one of the old PAL colored pads and tried putting the buttons in there and they seemed to be a bit bigger than the hole would allow. I have a spare Classic Controller that a friend gave me used that I'm thinking of trying this on, but it needs a weird 3-prong screwdriver. Before I continue, who else has attempted this button transplant and does it actually work?

Kitsune_Baka

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Sun May 23, 2010 7:48 pm

I got a Triwing screwdriver from Ebay, took one of my older official CC's apart and tried to do the button transplant and it doesn't work. The SNES buttons are bigger than the Classic's buttons. I'm beginning to think the person who did this mod either just painted their buttons or they file out the holes to make them fit...

kylerock96
PSN Username:xXminiman159Xx
360 GamerTag:xXkylerockXx

Post by kylerock96 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Sorry i bumped this, but here you go:

[url]http://vpgames.com/p-3761-intec-classic ... ROLLER[url]
I will take commissions on anything!!!!*

that is, anything but arcade systems...