Xbox 360 Arcade Stick like tekken 5 (w/psx port)

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Uberpuma
Xbox 360 Arcade Stick like tekken 5 (w/psx port)

Post by Uberpuma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Base Information:
I have a custom arcade stick that works both on the 360 and PC via soldering directly to the pcb in a 360 controller, and I also have a Mad Catz TE stick for 360.

Project Overview:
I want to add a Playstation Controller port to either of these arcade sticks. (reference tekken 5 arcade cabinet.)

This would basically allow one to come to the arcade controller, and simply plug in a playstation controller and play the game.

I will further say that both of these arcade sticks as they stand can use microsoft drivers to work with a PC.

In Essence:
I want to be able to plug in a psx controller to my arcade stick, and when I press X, it makes the xbox board believe that I pressed a button on the joystick.

This project would be simple if the psx controller had 1 wire for every button, and 1 wire for a common ground. But its not. I figured if anyone could figure this out, you guys could.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area.

JimmyDean

Re: Xbox 360 Arcade Stick like tekken 5 (w/psx port)

Post by JimmyDean » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 am

why don't you wire all the buttons to a custom pinout db25 connector, and make a series of adaptors? Like what this guy did : http://web.njit.edu/~jal0737/Neo-Geo/Un ... ticks2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so then you can play tekken 6 on 360, and then pwn all your friends in SNES street fighter 2!
mods completed:

NES overclock
Sega Genesis model 1 jap/eng switch