GBA SP in a TI84 Case

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Masterofdarkness
GBA SP in a TI84 Case

Post by Masterofdarkness » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4I0-nIndWQ

Class is really boring so I decided to put a Game Boy SP into a case of a TI84, looks pretty legit on the outside for the most part. 1st Prototype may get more time to do another more smooth one. Only took about 3-4 hours, as the video states. Anyone have any further ideas so I can add onto this? The video is a little laggy, not sure why, guess it didnt render correctly. Audio is fine.

rikitheshadow

Re: GBA SP in a TI84 Case

Post by rikitheshadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:29 pm

I guess for like future ideas or modifications to your current prototype would be to....
-Make easy charge ports (Doesn't require you to open it up screw by screw)
-Make an easy game cartridge slot for fast access
-Put the shoulder buttons maybe on the sides up near the screen maybe? (Might now throw it too off)
-Bondo up all the previous holes for buttons left from the calculator innards (Make a smooth button interface)
-And I make a better spot for the switch that doesn't require a small tool to turn it on or adjust volume.

J.D

Re: GBA SP in a TI84 Case

Post by J.D » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 am

Make it so you can use the calculator buttons for controls! Just make the shoulder buttons normal buttons.

Also, you should make it easier to replace games.