MV-1fzs?

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
MV-1fzs?

Post by arfink » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:07 pm

Has anyone here heard of the Neo Geo motherboard revision MV-1fzs? I heard it's the same as the mv-1fz except with stereo output. The reason why I ask is because I now own one! I'll post some pics, and when I get a chance to test it I will post up for sure whether it's stereo or mono.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 pm

interesting, I thought you could pull stereo off an mvs board anyway...
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

arfink

Post by arfink » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:26 am

Yes, but it's messy and sometimes can be very difficult to figure out. Only a few revisions of the MVS board have good documented stereo output points. This is more due to the fact that people on the Neo-Geo.com forums never document anything they do and expect the noobs to grovel and lick their boots if they want to learn anything the easy way. (IE, other members won't just tell us how they do their tricks)

Also, does anyone out here know the pinout for the HA13001 audio amp chip?

werejag

Post by werejag » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:06 am

2slot audio schematic from a neo-geo.com member.

also

http://www.neobitz.com/Pages/Mods/MV1FZ-S.aspx

for a MV1FZ to stereo mod

arfink

Post by arfink » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:23 am

Hmm, that's interesting. My MV-1fzs obviously does not output in stereo, I know that for sure, but the audio circuit seems different from the MV 1fz, from what I can see anyway.

I have another question as well, does anyone know is it's possible to power the Neo Geo off just 5V? I think the only part on the MV-1fzs board that uses the 12V is the main audio amp but I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?