euro tv help

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

DoctorNicholas
euro tv help

Post by DoctorNicholas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm

do you happen to know what this might be on this european monitor i have? I know 100% that it connects the antenna to the television itself but what I want to know is why it replaces the rf on this television (there is no rf, the only other thing is scart and s-video). do you know if there are any adapter i can plug into that hole to make it a normal rf thingy? im gonna mod it.
Last edited by DoctorNicholas on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoctorNicholas

Re: not really a mod but...

Post by DoctorNicholas » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

bump

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: euro tv help

Post by jdmlight » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 pm

That's actually just a different form of RF connector. I had an old TV tuner card which had that kind of jack. I desoldered it and put on a regular F-type connector instead. Something like this.

You should be able to find an adapter, my old TV tuner card came with one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to search for. :?
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

DoctorNicholas

Re: euro tv help

Post by DoctorNicholas » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 pm

eh. its a television i was given (for free, brand new) when i was in europe. I am almost certain that its an italian tv cause its called a bironvega dhonney.