users lock their own topics

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

do ye support mah idea

Yes
41%
Maybe?
9%
nah no way
18%
I LIKE PIE
32%

Total votes: 56

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: users lock their own topics

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Enabled this feature in the Trading Post.

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Post by resecnded x » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 am

bicostp wrote:Enabled this feature in the Trading Post.
sweet, now all that's left is to wait for this feature to be available to ALL corners of this forum
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Don't get your hopes up. :P

The way people have been "waaah someone said something I disagree with in my thread I'm taking my ball and going home" lately that's not likely to happen. :|

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32 am

bicostp wrote:Don't get your hopes up. :P

The way people have been "waaah someone said something I disagree with in my thread I'm taking my ball and going home" lately that's not likely to happen. :|
dude............I don't know what point you're trying to make or something, but im REALLY hoping that the ability for users to lock their own topics ISN'T limited to just ONE forum section

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:56 am

and my topic is so far at the top, and by far, the most POPULAR one yet

:D

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 pm

resecnded x wrote:

dude............I don't know what point you're trying to make or something, but im REALLY hoping that the ability for users to lock their own topics ISN'T limited to just ONE forum section
This will probably remain in only just the trading post because it takes away some of the workload from us mods/admins. The reason we WONT be allowing users to lock their own threads elsewhere is what bic said "someone said something I disagree with in my thread, I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of behavior is too common and people like to get the last word in, so giving them the power to say something then prevent anybody else from contradicting them would be unwise. we would have to start UNLOCKING threads instead of locking them :wtf:

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Triton wrote:
resecnded x wrote:

This will probably remain in only just the trading post because it takes away some of the workload from us mods/admins. The reason we WONT be allowing users to lock their own threads elsewhere is what bic said "someone said something I disagree with in my thread, I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of behavior is too common and people like to get the last word in, so giving them the power to say something then prevent anybody else from contradicting them would be unwise. we would have to start UNLOCKING threads instead of locking them :wtf:
I see your point........... *nods*

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Could it be possible to make it so you are only able to lock your own topics if you aren't the last poster? That takes away the flamewar scenario, as nobody wants to lock their topic if it means looking like the loser.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

Triton wrote:The reason we WONT be allowing users to lock their own threads elsewhere is what bic said "someone said something I disagree with in my thread, I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of behavior is too common and people like to get the last word in, so giving them the power to say something then prevent anybody else from contradicting them would be unwise. we would have to start UNLOCKING threads instead of locking them :wtf:
I have a simple solution. We could, like mentioned above, make a wait period before giving people the option to lock their threads (say, a month or two after the last reply, not a year because no one's going to care enough about locking a thread to mark their calenders one year in the future). This would go along with all of the benefits of having the user lock option, and take away the drawback of the whole "I'm leaving because I'm mad, and haha I get the last word!" problem.
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:50 pm

oh my god triton...............has the curse of ben drowned taken you?

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:19 pm

resecnded x wrote:oh my god triton...............has the curse of ben drowned taken you?
im not sure what you are talking about :lol:

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 am

Triton wrote:
resecnded x wrote:oh my god triton...............has the curse of ben drowned taken you?
im not sure what you are talking about :lol:
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Cojiro wrote:
Triton wrote:The reason we WONT be allowing users to lock their own threads elsewhere is what bic said "someone said something I disagree with in my thread, I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of behavior is too common and people like to get the last word in, so giving them the power to say something then prevent anybody else from contradicting them would be unwise. we would have to start UNLOCKING threads instead of locking them :wtf:
I have a simple solution. We could, like mentioned above, make a wait period before giving people the option to lock their threads (say, a month or two after the last reply, not a year because no one's going to care enough about locking a thread to mark their calenders one year in the future). This would go along with all of the benefits of having the user lock option, and take away the drawback of the whole "I'm leaving because I'm mad, and haha I get the last word!" problem.
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image