Finished nesP in cartridge case !!!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

phanguy
Re: Finished nesP in cartridge case !!!

Post by phanguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm

darn. well the one i got at least looks exactly like yours. haha. i don't see it being all too difficult though. also i'm secretly trying to put it into a different case. one of the issue though i'm gonna run into is the ribbon since i have to position the screen differently. i'm considering doing some really intense soldering on each individual pin since there's no way that the ribbon will reach. i mean it only cost me 30 bucks so if i mess it up then it's not a huge loss, but we'll see.

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:15 pm

phanguy wrote:darn. well the one i got at least looks exactly like yours. haha. i don't see it being all too difficult though. also i'm secretly trying to put it into a different case. one of the issue though i'm gonna run into is the ribbon since i have to position the screen differently. i'm considering doing some really intense soldering on each individual pin since there's no way that the ribbon will reach. i mean it only cost me 30 bucks so if i mess it up then it's not a huge loss, but we'll see.
yeah in considering this for my rehaul too, i want to hot glue the screen down cause it moves around a tiny bit, and getting the screen back on it is a female of the dog species already. not to mention gluing it to a even bigger piece of plastic, there would be no way to get my hands in there to connect that ribbon. i also have another spare ribbon though and i might try to connect them together...
Image Image Image

phanguy

Post by phanguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm

airz wrote:
phanguy wrote:darn. well the one i got at least looks exactly like yours. haha. i don't see it being all too difficult though. also i'm secretly trying to put it into a different case. one of the issue though i'm gonna run into is the ribbon since i have to position the screen differently. i'm considering doing some really intense soldering on each individual pin since there's no way that the ribbon will reach. i mean it only cost me 30 bucks so if i mess it up then it's not a huge loss, but we'll see.
yeah in considering this for my rehaul too, i want to hot glue the screen down cause it moves around a tiny bit, and getting the screen back on it is a female of the dog species already. not to mention gluing it to a even bigger piece of plastic, there would be no way to get my hands in there to connect that ribbon. i also have another spare ribbon though and i might try to connect them together...
spare ribbon? where'd you get that? i wonder if it would be possible to just buy a ribbon that has the exact number of connections we need, but just longer. i'd definitely rather buy one for a couple of bucks than to destroy the whole thing trying to solder those small points.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:19 pm

phanguy wrote:
spare ribbon? where'd you get that? i wonder if it would be possible to just buy a ribbon that has the exact number of connections we need, but just longer. i'd definitely rather buy one for a couple of bucks than to destroy the whole thing trying to solder those small points.
Piece of cake , give me a picture of the cable up against a mm ruler and I will get you the part # and where to buy it.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

phanguy

Post by phanguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 pm

hailrazer wrote:
phanguy wrote:
Piece of cake , give me a picture of the cable up against a mm ruler and I will get you the part # and where to buy it.
awesome. would i need to make the ribbon flat? just because its kind of bendy. also i love your work. ncube rocks my socks off.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 pm

phanguy wrote:
hailrazer wrote:
phanguy wrote:
awesome. would i need to make the ribbon flat? just because its kind of bendy. also i love your work. ncube rocks my socks off.
Nah just lay the ffc down with the pins up next to the mm ruler.

And thanks :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 pm

phanguy wrote:
airz wrote:
yeah i got my spare from another system, i fried one by dropping solder all over it. so i bought another... hah. hope hailrazer can help you out. maybe score me that part number... maybe i can just find a longer one to use.
Image Image Image

UTVAK315

Post by UTVAK315 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

airz wrote:
phanguy wrote:Any chance you can explain how you changed the menu images? Also any way you could send me the images you used? I like the way you set it up, it's really nice looking.
you change the menu by extracting and modifying the firmware stored on the pmp... most of the information can be found in this thread (http://mympx.org/forum/general-discussi ... neral.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) you'll have to do some digging in that thread for the good stuff though.

and iv uploaded the modded firmware here : http://rapidshare.com/files/312366040/N ... E.rar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this file can only be downloaded 10 times befoe ill have to re-upload, so dont grab it if you dont think your gonna use it.)

good luck :wink:

also to any one interested im doing a re-haul on this thing, ill fill you in on the details as they progress.
what button do you have to push while plugging in the player in order for the frm pro tool to recognize it. im have terribly frustrating trouble figuring out how to get it to recognize it

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 pm

UTVAK315 wrote:
airz wrote:
phanguy wrote:Any chance you can explain how you changed the menu images? Also any way you could send me the images you used? I like the way you set it up, it's really nice looking.
you change the menu by extracting and modifying the firmware stored on the pmp... most of the information can be found in this thread (http://mympx.org/forum/general-discussi ... neral.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) you'll have to do some digging in that thread for the good stuff though.

and iv uploaded the modded firmware here : http://rapidshare.com/files/312366040/N ... E.rar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this file can only be downloaded 10 times befoe ill have to re-upload, so dont grab it if you dont think your gonna use it.)

good luck :wink:

also to any one interested im doing a re-haul on this thing, ill fill you in on the details as they progress.
what button do you have to push while plugging in the player in order for the frm pro tool to recognize it. im have terribly frustrating trouble figuring out how to get it to recognize it
mine was the UP button...
Image Image Image

phanguy

Post by phanguy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:17 pm

BAH. no mm ruler. sad. but that's ok. i've decided to use a different case so i won't need a different ribbon.

pLover

Post by pLover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 am

You should've moved everything up a little so it could still play SMB/DH on a normal NES. THEN it would be the awesomest NESp ever.

As for now, it's probably in the top 3.

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

pLover wrote:You should've moved everything up a little so it could still play SMB/DH on a normal NES. THEN it would be the awesomest NESp ever.

As for now, it's probably in the top 3.
not really enough room, plus the cart would not go in to a nes with the buttons sticking out... well matey on a top loader....
Image Image Image

maboesanman

Post by maboesanman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 am

Do you have a link to the site where you got this, or at least some idea of what it's called?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 pm

maboesanman wrote:Do you have a link to the site where you got this, or at least some idea of what it's called?
Read the thread, it has already been discussed. I'll give you a hint, look on page 3.

superspudz2000

Post by superspudz2000 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:57 pm

excellent professional looking job. you put a lot of thought and effort into this. really nice. this is what a mod should look like. although emulation be better with a "dingoo" PMP, rather than a regular generic PMP. but a really awesome mod nonetheless.