Best way to add wood grain to case?

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
Best way to add wood grain to case?

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:50 am

I honestly don't even know where to start looking. I want to add that cool vintage look to my future Atari project much like Ben does, but I don't know what the "best" method is for adding wood grain to the case. Should I go buy some wood veneer or what? Seriously, I don't even know what options are available. Then again, I am considering making the entire case out of wood, just to gain the experience. But if I decide to make it out of engraving plastic like my SNESp, how would you suggest I add some fantabulous fake wood appeal to my case?
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:03 pm

i would say vener is your best bet. Wood is pretty easy to work with.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Maybe you could try vynl contact paper. It's printed to look like wood or tile or anything like that, and it'a avalible at about any home improvement store.

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:29 pm

Contact paper would probably have the look you are going for but make it out of wood. It looks really cool. Ive made a PSone out of wood, mini psone controller out of wood, and a DAH 1500i mp3 case out of wood. I love wood! (that didnt sound right at all.)
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Mr. Cool wrote:I love wood! (that didnt sound right at all.)
Ha ha...

That is all really good advice. Thank you very much guys - I appreciate it. Hmm now if I could just get one of those custom Atari PCB's from Gannon I'd be in business for a seriously wicked Atari portable...
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!