Almost complete...PC PROJECT

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

xriverfalconx
Almost complete...PC PROJECT

Post by xriverfalconx » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:21 am

Almost done with installing a PSONE Screen into my PC. It looks good as you can see here, but it's not complete yet. Once the screen is adjusted, I can finish the case and make it look even better.

Question here...actually, looking for your opinions. I wanted to paint the case another color(s) so please, give me your opinions on what I should change it to.

<a href="http://www.gmrealm.us">http://www.gmrealm.us</a>

-PC Modification Project- (special thanks to Foxx373) - Complete-

-WIP- mT16P (Portable Turbo Grafx 16)

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:03 am

does the screen show what your monitor shows or does it like show what music and like your computer temp or stuff like that???

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:07 pm

i think it would be cool if you did a deep metallic orange.

and looking good my friend.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:37 pm

good job i think it looks really good and its a cool idea
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:30 pm

looks like you need to adjust your PowerStrip settings you got a split image

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:22 pm

how about psone white??
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:29 pm

flame colored: white/yellow/red kinda like a hot rod
ImageImage

superdeformed

Post by superdeformed » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Neon pink! Erm...I mean...looks good! How about a dark red? Not sure how well that would work with the chrome though.

I've got a spare PSone screen (well, zenith, but they're the same thing) set up as a second monitor. I just used my video card's s-video out though; I didn't feel like spending the extra money on more connectors/adapters.

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Sorry I took long to reply...been busy! Anywho:::

shmagoogin77-
Yes, I can either clone it, or make it an extended monitor. =)

dragonhead-
Metalic Orange? Hmm...never thought of that color before...noted down.
And thank you very much!

Turbo Tax 1.0-
Thank you too!!! I've been wanting to do this for some time now, and I finally have it almost complete.

Triton-
That's the problem I'm having. I cannot get it to stop the split screen and get it centered...any ideas?

madc0w-
I thought about that, but I'm not too fond of the color for my pc really...thanks though.

daguuy-
Hot rod...hmm...maybe different colors in that same style.

superdeformed-
PINK> YES!!! =P I soldered the pins on one end, soldered to a vga connection on the other, and purchased a vga to dvi connector. Works good so far. Just can't get rid of the split screen.

demonofaj
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:36 pm

Wait...why is this in the Case forums? :?
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

totokan

Post by totokan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:49 pm

its a mod to a pc case.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

Foxx373

Post by Foxx373 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 pm

dont paint the case, it looks pretty good as is. Whats going in the floppy bay? Media controls perhaps? front pannel usb for keyboard and mouse? I had the same propblem with my screen, i forget how i fixed it. Gimmie a few weeks to get some lab time so i can try and replicate the problem. Do you have interlace enabled, cause its an interlaced screen.
www.bsodtv.org - Hacking is NOT a crime!

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Foxx373 wrote:dont paint the case, it looks pretty good as is. Whats going in the floppy bay? Media controls perhaps? front pannel usb for keyboard and mouse? I had the same propblem with my screen, i forget how i fixed it. Gimmie a few weeks to get some lab time so i can try and replicate the problem. Do you have interlace enabled, cause its an interlaced screen.
Eeks...I think i had that off. Okay, I'll mess with it while Interlaced IS checked.

As for the open space, I'm going to get a ps2 controller port in there. I'm gonna by an extension cable (smallest one available) and have it coming out there. As for the memory card, I'm gonna get a big memory card and just keep it in the case all the time. I would've had that finished, but I don't know anything right now about the power supply. Once I have that, THEN I can get the ps2 (version 7 I believe) and install that here as well. Here, I would have the ps2 connected to the mini screen and play off of there =P Or just say F*** it and cancel the ps2 thing, and just make it portable. IDK yet...so confusing...so expensive.

@ totokan - That Earthbound pic there you have. I SWEAR TO YOU THAT I MADE THAT!!! I completely forgot about it LOL!!!

Foxx373

Post by Foxx373 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:36 am

I wouldnt bother putting the PS2 in there. If something goes wrong you dont wanna' have to pay for another PS2. And have you tried to play PS2 on a 5 inch screen? Not too great. It would be beter if you had a capture card in the PC (or a PS2 VGA box) so you could play on the monitor. If i were you, I would find a trashed VCR, one of the OLD ones that have huge buttons, and make a 3.5" bay pannel with some flush button controls. If you are lucky you can get the standard controls PLUS some extras for other functions. If you wanna get crazy, you could ad an IR reciever as well. If you decide to add the control faceplate and IR controller, let me know, i can give you info on how to build it (all of it, not just buy standard modules online), and the software needed.

You could also run some *gasp* emulation on the 5" screen. Or system stats, or... hell, i can think of a million things to put on there!

I was gonna do that with my computer, but honestly, two removeable HDD bays were more important than a 5" screen that noone could see (cause the computers location) anyways...
www.bsodtv.org - Hacking is NOT a crime!

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:54 am

I was gonna do that with my computer, but honestly, two removeable HDD bays were more important than a 5" screen that noone could see (cause the computers location) anyways...[/quote]
It would be beter if you had a capture card in the PC (or a PS2 VGA box) so you could play on the monitor.
Already got one!!! =D As for the 5"screen, I'm just gonna use it for movies/emulators/music.
If i were you, I would find a trashed VCR, one of the OLD ones that have huge buttons, and make a 3.5" bay pannel with some flush button controls. If you are lucky you can get the standard controls PLUS some extras for other functions. If you wanna get crazy, you could ad an IR reciever as well. If you decide to add the control faceplate and IR controller, let me know, i can give you info on how to build it (all of it, not just buy standard modules online), and the software needed.
You suggesting to put the ps2 in an old vcr? Elaborate on this idea more for me...please? Sounds fun, just need to see what you see.
I was gonna do that with my computer, but honestly, two removeable HDD bays were more important than a 5" screen that noone could see (cause the computers location) anyways...
That's the only drawback to this case mod here...I'm losing 3 5.25" bays but it's okay because all i really need is just one dvd +/- R/RW drive which is already there, so booya!!! If I needed the extra bays for other modifications, I could easily get a new case (lian-li).

Anyone else have other ideas for modifying the case??? Add extra stuff on the top/sides/bottom???