Help! Questions! Important!

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Spartan93
Steam ID:urmomgz2cllg
Help! Questions! Important!

Post by Spartan93 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Getting into console modding (mostly aesthetic mods... LEDS, Paint, etc. for now until I buy Ben's book) and I have some questions.
I'm painting a slim PS2, Im having a sh*tload of problems.

1. First, the innards of my PS2 slim won't seem to come out. I have taken out all the screws and taken off the top, but it seems like the controller connections are holding it together and thus I cant take the electronics out to paint the bottom of the console.

2. How exactly do you paint the sides of the Ps2 neatly? I can't seem to do it without spraying paint all over the whole damn thing again. And now, even the I taped over the button, the open/close button on the PS2 slim gets stuck when I press it in (I believe paint dried in there).

3. Out of curiousity, what kind of paint have you guys agreed is the best? I'm using Krylon Fusion just because we already had it in the house, but I hear it can seriously copulate up the paint job. Any truth to this? Suggestions?

4. Last but not least, I was doing some cleaning on a Dualshock 2, and when I put it back together the analog light turned on, but NONE of the buttons worked.

I know it sounds ridiculously mutilated, but thats because it kinda is. Before you start flaming me for ruining this console, its alright. I have friends selling me these things for 20 bucks a pop so I have like 4 of them lying around. This is the one I figured I would start on, because its the most unreliable in the first place (fan is broken).

Smithy

Re: Help! Questions! Important!

Post by Smithy » Wed May 11, 2011 8:04 pm

um, didn't you already make a post about this? :|