N64 Case?

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

moder
N64 Case?

Post by moder » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:19 am

Hi everyone this is my first post so sorry if i make any mistakes.

I am currently constructing an N64p and using a psone screen. My question is what case could i order for it (I live in britain so a manufacturer there would be preferable.)

Thanks in advance
Moder

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Re: N64 Case?

Post by eurddrue » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:20 pm

moder wrote:Hi everyone this is my first post so sorry if i make any mistakes.

I am currently constructing an N64p and using a psone screen. My question is what case could i order for it (I live in britain so a manufacturer there would be preferable.)

Thanks in advance
Moder
It's a lot easier if you just make your own case. If you frankencase parts of the controller in, you don't even have to drill holes for the buttons :D Using the n64 case is a pretty good way to start out, it's pretty roomy, so you don't have to pack everything in tight-like.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

moder

Post by moder » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes i understand that but i would prefer a stylish case and i do have some experience rewiring so space is not a massive problem. Also frankencases never look as good i feel.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:52 pm

moder wrote:Yes i understand that but i would prefer a stylish case and i do have some experience rewiring so space is not a massive problem. Also frankencases never look as good i feel.
Well, you could use engraving plastic and CNC machinery or try vaccuum forming, both of those make nice cases.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Honestly, it all depends on work ethic.
If you have access to a CNC machine, it can still be crappy, and in vacuum forming you can (and probably will) screw up a lot. Also, frankencasing can look really good if you have skill at using bondo, sanding, and painting.
Design is sometimes really hard. Think really hard on your design, because that is pretty much what makes it good in the end.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

moder

Post by moder » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 pm

thanks for advise but is there no where that sells premaid cases?
i mean blank ones that you can cut holes in for buttons ect

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:09 pm

moder wrote:thanks for advise but is there no where that sells premaid cases?
i mean blank ones that you can cut holes in for buttons ect
I actually think the best for the UK would be bacteria. His cases look nice and have great "holdability"
wallydawg wrote:

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:33 pm

if you don't mind importing from the U.S., you can can get a zn-40 or zn-45 case from polycase.com.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 pm

themadhacker wrote:if you don't mind importing from the U.S., you can can get a zn-40 or zn-45 case from polycase.com.
Best choice! :D
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

moder

Post by moder » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Yeah i was thinking about the zn series but wont it cost a bomb to send it over.
I mean no offense to bacterias cases but would really prefer somthing less cloud looking. But if i did want one of these for a future mod where could i get them? They have the dreamcast look i think. :D