Ashen's Wiikey Fusion/GameCube motherboard trimming service

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Ashen
Ashen's Wiikey Fusion/GameCube motherboard trimming service

Post by Ashen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 am

Frustrated with wiring up that Wiikey Fusion? Can't quite get it to work right? Want your GC motherboard trimmed a little/insane amount but scared to kill your board? Look no further ladies and gents! Ashen's trimming, relocating and rewiring service can and will save the day. You supply the parts needed, cover shipping costs and I'll do all the difficult work for you for a minimal fee.

Please note: Unless it is a Commission for a full fledged portable I CANNOT SUPPLY PARTS for you, its just to much of a hassle for me. Even though it may seem it at times, I'm not a warehouse distribution center of GC parts. That being said you'll need to supply your own "Wiikey Compatible" GC motherboard (DOL-001 rev A/B with IPL 1.1 or higher) and any other parts you wish for me to wire up (memcards, SD slots, custom regs, etc.).

Basic Services:

Wiikey Fusion/WODE/Wii DVD drive: FFC soldered to, eliminating the need for a "breakout board" - $20+ Shipping

GC Motherboard trimming:
All motherboard cuts EXCEPT OMGWTF + power, audio and video relocation, DD relocation (including FFC soldering), wires run for memcards and pretty much anything else, pretty much fully re-wired - $50+ Shipping
OMGWTF cut + power, audio and video relocation, DD relocation (including FFC soldering), wires run for memcards and pretty much anything else, pretty much fully re-wired - $85+ Shipping

I'll say it once again. I really don't recommend an OMGWTF cut unless you REALLY absolutely need that space, Say for fitting the MB into a PSP sized case or similar.

Here is a recent example of my work, pictured is Wiikey Fusion/memcard/SDgecko/controller/power/audio/video relocation to an OMGWTF cut GC motherboard:

Exact pricing can be worked out in PM's which is where you should contact me should you wish to commission my service's. Other services are available upon request. I can pretty much do anything from whats mentioned above to building an entire portable.

Thanks for looking!
Ashen
Last edited by Ashen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ashen

Re: Ashen's Wiikey Fusion/GameCube motherboard trimming service

Post by Ashen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

First commission all wrapped up:

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 am

Second Commission all wrapped up:

Medium cut with all the bells and whistles. Forgot to take a pic of the board when I was finished so the memcard wiring is not shown. This was about halfway through the process.

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 am

Are you still doing this? I'm interested.

If you are can I ask what the exact dimensions of the OMGWTF cut?

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 am

Still doing this yes but won't be available until after the holidays now. If you don't mind the wait.

Exact dimensions of an OMGWTF cut board are 2.75" x 4.15"

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/ ... G_0522.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/ ... G_0524.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The board will fit inside a PSP.

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 pm

I am still interested, I'll contact you later about it

(I have to alter my portable, it's 5mm too short one way)

locomocos
PSN Username:locomocos96
360 GamerTag:locomocos

Post by locomocos » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 pm

how much would it cost just to solder the wiikey fusion and get rid of the regulator board?

jayench

Post by jayench » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Ashen, you still offering the ffc32 wiring service? I am interested in connecting straight to the gamecube eliminating the breakout board. Let me know.

chubylord

Post by chubylord » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Would you take a commission to build a few of these for my friends and i? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgI6gB-rbU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chubylord

Post by chubylord » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Would you take a commission to build a few of these for my friends and i? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgI6gB-rbU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tom10122
PSN Username:tom-10122

Post by tom10122 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Are you still doing the wiikey soldering?