Wiring problem ps1p need help

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

devileyebrows42
Wiring problem ps1p need help

Post by devileyebrows42 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 am

My ps1p is going well thus far. However i have hit some roadblocks. 1. I am trying to wire the memory card and player 2 ports, but the wires i tried using were too think to lay the ps1 board flat onto the engraving plastic. So i desoldered all 17 connections and started over again. I then ordered a thin cable which i discovered later to be stranded. so i thought i could try wiring it over again with those wires. it was a big mistake. desoldered it again. i cant find a thin solid core wire capable of completing this part of the project. does anyone know where i can get thin solid core wires???? a link would be very nice
"I can eat so many frosted flakes before i've had tuna"
"Im not a dentist but i do brush my teeth twice a day"
The only things that are free in life are brochures, but nobody wants them.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Re: Wiring problem ps1p need help

Post by samjc3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:34 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1467wt_830
thats uber thin. like, way way thin. really difficult to work with if you dont know what youre doing. :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

devileyebrows42

Post by devileyebrows42 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

i dont need super duper thin. I just need thin enough to solder wires to the psone screen and the psone controller pins. the cables i use have four conductors. they are from radioshack, But they are really thick, stiff, and inflexible so it has been difficult to work with them and they don't make solid connections easily (they joints always break). They dont seem to fuse with the psone wires. they can always be tugged out of the solder joint easily. I already have thin stranded wire but i wont be able to use it on the controller pins for obvious reasons. Basically i need to know what kinds of solid thin wire are good
"I can eat so many frosted flakes before i've had tuna"
"Im not a dentist but i do brush my teeth twice a day"
The only things that are free in life are brochures, but nobody wants them.

JariV

Post by JariV » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Get wires out of a controller cable :P
themadhacker wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:What are radio shack buttons?
buttons you buy at radioshack.