Price$$$ for portable nes

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

18masterkyle
Price$$$ for portable nes

Post by 18masterkyle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Background :

Hello. My name is Kyle and I'm 15 years old. For my 16th birthday, I wanted to pick up Ben Heck's modding book and was wondering how much (in CAN dollars, CANADA WOOHOO!) this would cost and if you could reply to this topic and tell me. I am looking to spend 100-175$ range. I would not want to sacrifice quality and would like a hand-build case. As I am 15, I'm on a budget and was wondering if anybody (out of the kindness of there heart) could make me a hand-built case for cheap. Remember this is a NES portable.

Thank you for this read,

Kyle

My birthday is July 8th. Want to build me a portable for free for my b-day? That would be appreciated coming from a student.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: Price$$$ for portable nes

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:49 pm

18masterkyle wrote:My birthday is July 8th. Want to build me a portable for free for my b-day? That would be appreciated coming from a student.
Seeing as most of us are, as well, I don't think you'll get many takers on that.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

this topic looks familiar.

Oh yeah. you posted the same thing on modretro.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 am

http://benheck.com/hacking-videogame-consoles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben sells kits for the cases on the book home page (click the system picture of which you want). For NES, the Hand made is $55 and the CNC cane is $90, prolly the cheapest and easiest that you will find (other than doing the work yourself on a free sample enclosure from Polycase, OKW, or whatever).

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm

It's doable for 100-175 US dollars.. I'm not sure how money translates... But yeah.. I have a 2.5 Pocket TV that only takes RF. You could have it if you wanted. (The picture quality isn't as good as composite, but its alright..)