Getting Started!

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

DarkRathamantis
Getting Started!

Post by DarkRathamantis » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Ok, I am going to get started with modding consoles, I just love Benheck's work and got all inspired and stuff. Keep in mind that I am a total n00b!

I don't have the book yet, but I shall soon. So, I need you guys to help me out find the best tools to get the job done. Like what type of screwdrivers I need, or what is the best soldering iron, and links to all that stuff. See, the problem is that I have NO idea whatsoever of this stuff.

Also, can you guys please tell me what are the differences between a CNC Project and a Hand Buil Project? I think i won't like to do Hand Build projects becase I hate cutting with X-cto knives, so I was planning to buy the kits CNC made by Ben. Do I get to choose witch one to do while reading the book? Because if not (for examle, all project has something important to be learned), that could be $1000 worth of mini TFT Screens! :shock:

I have seen that not everyone starts with the Nes project... Many actually recoment the PsOne Project for n00bs. What is your opinion on this matter?

Thanks a lot! :D

PD: Sorry for my English having so many spelling and grammar errors, I live in Ecuador and my English is what my school can provide.
-------------------------------------
Live to Fight Again!
Xbox Live Gamertarg: DarkRathamantis
(all friend request are accepted)

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Don't worry, your English is quite presentable. I'm not quite sure about the answer to your question however.

DarkRathamantis

Post by DarkRathamantis » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks. ABout the question it narrows donw to this: Do I need a CNC machine to build the CNC projects if I already bought the Bens kit? Also, witch is the best project to start with? I would love to to the PsOne Protable first, but i wanted to know if it is to complex for me...
-------------------------------------
Live to Fight Again!
Xbox Live Gamertarg: DarkRathamantis
(all friend request are accepted)

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:25 pm

No you shouldn't need the CNC machine if you get ben's kit. And if you want easy I'd say to not use the book at all as most of the projects in there are hard. But i'd say the easiest in there is the Atari or the SNES.

c_mon
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by c_mon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:31 pm

SNES with unmodded controllers would be good to start with. Check my work; it would inspire you in some way.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=20253