on/off switch

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

tecmo super bowl
on/off switch

Post by tecmo super bowl » Mon May 15, 2006 6:43 pm

for the portable nes, i got to the part where you start bending the aluminum for the front of the case. it gives instructions to cut the metal for the on/off switch but where do i get the switch itself? i dont see it in the list of parts he had in the beginning of the chapter

nymets4599

Post by nymets4599 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 am

Seeing as how this has been sitting here since May you probably already know this, but I read in another topic that radioshack #275-406 is fine to use.

I have a related question which can anyone tell me the locations on the psone screen where the wires from the power switch go. If you have a close up picture, even better. I am looking at the photo on page 152 of the book, but its not that close a shot. If the answer is in the book somewhere you can just tell me the page number.

Thanks for the help. This is my first go at one of these so I am trying to avoid any mistakes.

nymets4599

Post by nymets4599 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:19 pm

OK I figured it out. Sorry for asking such a noob question and bringing up a 2 month old thread.