aluminum siding

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Steve-o
aluminum siding

Post by Steve-o » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Could someone tell me how to attach the aluminum siding to the front wall on the handmade NES? the book is not very clear and i cant tell if you glue it to the out side edge of the case or on top of the actual plastic. thanks and i jsut rebuilt the case for mine, i still havnt even started to work with the electronics, mainly because i have none of them to even attemopt to work with.
PSp is about 70% done, just have to do the controller and case.

scherubino

Post by scherubino » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:03 pm

you glue it on top of the plastic. First with super glue, the with epoxy after the super glule dries.

Oh, and i just want o make sure you are not using"aluminum siding", but the 3/4" and 1" aluminum Ben discusses in the book.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:45 am

Just a word of caution - you might want to start working on your components as soon as possible. While Ben's instructions are great, how your project's "guts" turn out may vary a bit, and your case needs to accomodate for that. I worked forever building Ben's SNES-by-hand case, and when it came time to lining everything up, I ran into some serious headaches. Building the shell? That's great. As for exactly where you put screw-posts and whatnot, you'd be best off waiting until you got a system working.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Steve-o

Post by Steve-o » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm

k thanks, i jsut bought a nes without the case with controller and some games for 4 dollars off some kid at school, so i should be able to start working on it very soon
PSp is about 70% done, just have to do the controller and case.