Official N64 Expansion card pic & dimensions plz?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

mchammer
Official N64 Expansion card pic & dimensions plz?

Post by mchammer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 am

Hello all

just wondering if someone could post a pic/dimensions of the PCB/CHIP only (taken out of its case) of an OFFICIAL N64 expansion card?

The reason i ask is coz some of the knock off ones are a different size and i lost my official one. Had an idea for a mod and need this info

So yea - if anyone can fill us in i'd appreciate it.

Regards

collinE

Post by collinE » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 pm

to clarify, you're talking about the memory expansion pack that you stick into the top of the N64?

I don't have the dimensions on hand, but this is the PCB cut down and compared to the pack it comes in.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:48 pm

At the bottom where the contacts are, it is 3cm wide. You can chop the height down to 24mm (2cm max but makes for very tiny soldering) if you're soldering it in place and ~27mm if you want to leave the contacts on the bottom there to plug it in. I don't know the unchopped dimensions but hopefully this helps. There are a few nice scans around somewhere around here, but you'll have to search around, they are kind of hard to find.

On third party exp paks, they are taller because they use two 2mb chips instead of one 4mb chip.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

mchammer

Post by mchammer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Yep - that's exactly what im looking for. If you could post the dimensions, that would be wicked.

Regards

Mc

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Neildo_64 wrote:bottom contacts 3cm wide
height 24mm
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO