N64 PORTABLE COMPLETE! - Come see pics/vid..more comin soon!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

mchammer
Answer ur questions....

Post by mchammer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 am

After watching the video, I have to say again: very nice. About that cart slot, I'm not sure exactly how secured it is, I hated it like that. Any problems?

SS
Haven't had any probs with cart slot relocation. If you look at one of the above pictures - you'll see the cart adapter very securely fixed to a piece of black "something". That black something is a piece of 90 Deg box aluminium tube. I simply cut off one side leaving a channel, put the cart adapter inside the channel- then fixed it to the project case. It's probably the stongest part of the unit. I realised that a lot of strain might be put on inserting and removing the carts - so i wanted it to be very strong. Having it in a channel and fixed to the case works great. There is absolutely no play in it whatsoever.
Thanks for the feedback tho matey.

Oh BTW - the battery pack was taken from an old portable DVD player. Dont know the brand - found it in a box of assorted goods at an electronics fair/sale. Seems to work nice - bout 1.5-2 hours play time - no led mod done on lcd. But i usually use my small ac adapter when playing anyways.

thnx crono n project_failure.......Not sure bout what im gonna tackle next. Work keeps me rather busy. Next "somthing/project" will definitely be done on a mill/cnc so as to make it nice and small. I think size and weight is an important part of a great/functional portable. It gives it a wow factor and makes people who understand what's in it think"how the hell did you fit all that in there!"

Stay tuned all......

HazmatB

Post by HazmatB » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Care to give us more details on the "easy relocation" of the cartridge slot?

Thanks.

kasar

Post by kasar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 am

nice job.

did you said this is your first portable attempt? nice :)

mchammer

Ur post's answered

Post by mchammer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:19 am

Will get a pic to best describe the cart relocation happening soon.

Thnx kasar - yea - my first attempt at a portable. Not overlly happy with my case (could have made it smaller) - so yea, the next thing i attempt i will definitely machine personally using a CNC/Mill.

HazmatB

Post by HazmatB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:51 am

c'mon MC, don't leave us hangin' on that tutorial!