Gizmondo set to be Re-Released in 4Q of this year

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel
Gizmondo set to be Re-Released in 4Q of this year

Post by nightwheel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Link
Gizmondo chief Carl Freer has apparently told fans of the failed handheld games console that the gadget will be back on the market and is "on target for a Q4 2008" launch... er... relaunch.

Freer first expressed his desire to revive Gizmondo back in November 2007. At the time, he forecast that the would-be PSP and DS Lite beater could be back on store shelves in May.
Um This is a bit odd. As you can already see. This thing was going to be Re-Re-Released back in May but got delayed. I have to admit I found this funny when I found out about this. But I am curious by the fact it's being Re-Released.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Is this going to be the widescreen Gizmondo they ranted about putting out before the stupid thing died?

They'd have luck as an open-source handheld, but a commercial one again? Besides, unless you wanna pay out the wazzoo for one, you'll be watching in-game ads (literally, commercials), so why is this even good news?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Wow that is very interesting and for only $99!
I hope it does come out, but I don't think that it will ever be a ds lite beater.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

nc

Post by nc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 am

They actually have a pretty good homebrew community. The graphics are surprisingly good too.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 am

Isn't the Gizmondo by a bunch of criminals :S

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:40 pm

i might consider buying one, but only if it hasn't failed withen the first year. (or month for that matter)
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:Isn't the Gizmondo by a bunch of criminals :S
Well, Stephan Ericsson or whatever his name was is, did business with the mob, didn't he? Anyways, he's in jail now, I think. This is just some guy who wants to revive the brand, methinks, as Tiger Telematics is now in the crapper.

If they can make that $99 price point, this device has the potential to be awesome. I doubt that'll happen, though; remember when the EEE was supposed to be $100? :lol:

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:23 am

I'll pick one up. Just for the wifi and crap. I've always liked the Gizmondo, but could never find one for cheap.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:Isn't the Gizmondo by a bunch of criminals :S
Well, Stephan Ericsson or whatever his name was is, did business with the mob, didn't he? Anyways, he's in jail now, I think.
Uhh If I read it correctly, That guy is out of Jail and that why the Gizmondo is Revived.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Gizmondo23

Post by Gizmondo23 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Stephan Ericsson has nothing to do with the new Gizmondo, and I can wait for it to relaunch.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:57 pm

With Pandora and Wiz to be on the market at the same time, I don't see why you would buy a Gizmondo unless it's offered at a ridiculously low price point, which it won't be. Looks like thees guys have brought a knife to a gun fight, I expect it to tank again quickly.

Maybe this time, though, the reseller's market will leave some cheap ones hanging around on eBay for us to play with! :D