parts question...

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Rockin Husker
360 GamerTag:RockinHusker
parts question...

Post by Rockin Husker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

How do you guys ( franken-case builders) get the ideas for things to build from? how do you know of them? I already have a case I like from another builder so I am just wondering. Though i do have a case in mind, I dont know where he got one of the parts... and that builder would once again be Hailrazer. lol If anyone knows what he used as the circle piece that holds the screen from the datamax case that he used to for the Ncube please tell me. :)
Thanks
*enter witty phrase here*

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: parts question...

Post by hailrazer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 pm

That circle piece was the screen. LOL
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Rockin Husker

Post by Rockin Husker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Ohhh. lolol! all the PSones that i have seen online are white so how did you get a black one??

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:10 pm

I use Zenith screens. They are the exact same inside as the Psone screen.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Rockin Husker

Post by Rockin Husker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Are those cheaper than PSones? When I search the PSone screens they are way up there in price and I dont know if that is because it is the whole play station or what but yeah... they are expensive! ha

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

There used to be a company that was selling them for $43 shipped on Ebay and they are supposed to have hundreds. But they stopped listing them a few months ago and I haven't seen them again since.

Here's a decent priced Psone screen :
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Original-Sony- ... 2a0f20a830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portable Systems:

Rockin Husker

Post by Rockin Husker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Grrrrreat... Just my luck. Have any extras? lol :P I might try to find them somewhere other than eBay. Besides... my mom wont get an eBay account. at least not yet. ;) She says shes afraid she will get scammed.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Rockin Husker wrote:Grrrrreat... Just my luck. Have any extras? lol :P I might try to find them somewhere other than eBay. Besides... my mom wont get an eBay account. at least not yet. ;) She says shes afraid she will get scammed.
It's around $52 shipped here:

http://www.vpgames.com/p-787-zenith-fla ... ATTACHMENT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portable Systems:

Rockin Husker

Post by Rockin Husker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Okay thanks! could you estimate the total cost of the total project? I found a Game cube and controller on craigslist for 25 bucks and a screwdriver/tool kit for game systems for 25 bucks plus shipping. plus the 52 for the screen would be 102(ish). So beyond that how much would you estimate it to be? I probably going to want and get the stuff thats mid grade. mainly because of price. Unless the technical and molding things are cheap. :P