Offer to CNC a case for people

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

thegimpster
Offer to CNC a case for people

Post by thegimpster » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:19 am

I a CNC machine at my house that I have been working on for a while and it should be done in a week or so. It measures 36"x48"x5" and is built out of steel tubing and angle iron so it is pretty sturdy. If somebody wants me to machine a case out for them I thought I would offer the service. My 3d modleing skills aren't that great now but if you want to send me a DXF or something else to work with I can machine it out for you. I also have a vaccum former too. I haven't worked with it that much because I am working on the CNC machine to machine stuff out to vaccum form. As far as programs go I have SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Rhino 3D. I could probably get others if I need to. I would love to have Vcarve to do signs and stuff, but I can't afford it right now.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested but I know not everybody has access to a CNC machine, and I've seen some less than steller cases out there (and I've made some pretty crappy cases in the past). So if your interested just post or email me at thegimpster @ yahoo.com and we can try to work something out.

Ryan
If its not broke, I'll fix it.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:26 am

Cool - I'll keep you in mind when working on my next few portables. I'd like to make a couple of SNESp's to sell like my very first one, and it would be sweet to have precisely cut front and back plates and cartridge covers. Then all that would be left would be bending some aluminum and screwing it all together.

It will probably be a few months before I have time to do anything like that, but I'll contact you if you're still offering the service by then.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

snowpenguin

Re: Offer to CNC a case for people

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:21 am

What kind of prices would you offer? something I might look into for my n64p if I could come up with a good machinable case.